Brain Support is a nootropic supplement that according to the advertising, will help boost memory and recall function, as well as helping reduce stress. It looks pretty good at first glance, but will Brain Support really support brain health as claimed? We take a look.
Brain Support comes from 1 Body, a supplements company based in the USA. Although there is no address provided, you can contact the company by phone, email, or via social media.
1 Body Brain Support Pros
- May work as described
- Side effects are not a major issue
- Money-back guarantee
1 Body Brain Support Cons
- Company address not provided
- Some customer complaints that the bottle is delivered unsealed
Consider using the Editor's top pick – CLICK HERE
1 Body Brain Support Overview
What You Need To Know About 1 Body Brain Support
I Body Brain Support is an inexpensive nootropic supplement that may work as described. It is suitable for all ages and contains a blend of ingredients that may help improve mental functioning without stimulants.
Many of these ingredients come with strong evidence and this supplement looks well thought out and convincing. Many customers are satisfied and side effects do not seem to be a common issue. There is an advertised money-back guarantee, so you should be able to claim a refund if you are not satisfied.
What Are The Side Effects Of 1 Body Brain Support?
Some customers have reported the following side effects, including headaches, increased brain fog, and dizziness.
Potential side effects may include stomach discomfort, changes to blood sugar levels, nausea, diarrhoea, restlessness, and insomnia.
You should not take Brain Support if there is any chance you may be pregnant. It contains Centrophenoxine, which is a DMAE compound and may theoretically cause birth defects.
How Much Does 1 Body Brain Support Cost?
Brain Support is not expensive. Buy from the 1 Body website and it costs $21.04 for a bottle of 90 capsules (30 days supply).
You can save 5% off the price by signing up to the 1 Body Club, and agreeing to receive videos discount codes and more. This does not seem to come with any strings attached.
You are also advised that if you sign up to the Subscribe and Save option (auto-ship), you get a 10% reduction making the price $18.94. We do not advise this option as auto-ship agreements can be difficult to cancel.
Shipping is free to US addresses. However, all International shipping is charged at a flat rate of $25.00 making the cost prohibitive to overseas customers.
You can also buy 1 Body Brain Support from Amazon where it costs $21.04 for 90 capsules.
Our Verdict On 1 Body Brain Support
We like 1 Body Brain Support. This supplement is not expensive so it seems like a good deal for customers. It comes with a money-back guarantee, and it looks as if it may work. Of course, not all supplements work for everyone – we all have different physical body chemistry after all, but this one does seem to contain a wide range of proven ingredients that should be effective and not cause side effects either.
We would have liked to know more about the background to 1 Body supplements such as an address. However, this company seems pretty easy to contact via phone, email, or by Facebook, so this should not be a real issue. We like the guarantee too. We are less keen on auto-ship, but this is a little picky as this option is openly advertised to customers, and you are unlikely to click on it by mistake.
Overall, we think that this supplement may just be worth a try and as we would be happy to take it ourselves, we recommend 1 Body Brain Support to the Watchdog readers.
The most popular consumer choice
in 2019 is iQ2
Containing ingredients that have been clinically tested and boasting a 30-day money-back guarantee, iQ2 has quickly risen to the top of the Nootropic world.
Find out more about why people are choosing iQ2 to achieve advanced brain performance, and why it is our editor’s top pick.
Read the Nootropic Watchdog iQ2 review here.
1 Body Brain Support Key Features
Brain Support is a nootropic supplement in capsule form. The serving size is equal to 3 capsules so the 90 capsule bottles will last for 30 days. It is not clear whether you are supposed to take the capsules all in one serving or spread them out during the day. We advise not to take too close to bedtime because this supplement may cause an increase in energy, and some of the components may cause dreaming.
The supplement contains some well-known ingredients, but the profile is very different from many of the usual supplements currently on sale via Amazon.
The principle ingredient is Alpha GPC (Alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine), which is a natural choline compound that is already present in the brain, and some research suggests may help improve cognitive disorders if taken in supplement form. It also contains a choline compound called Centrophenoxine. This may be better known as Lucidril, a prescription drug, and it seems to be effective for reducing the waste build up (lipofuscin) in the brain that accumulates over time. It is taken to help improve some of the effects of aging, as well as by younger people looking at cognitive improvement.
It is also high in Lions Mane Mushroom, an edible medicinal mushroom with a strong neuroprotective function, and we like that it contains amino acid L Theanine, which is present in tea and is known to cause a calming yet energizing effect.
How to Take 1 Body Brain Support
Other ingredients include herbal extracts such as Bacopa Monnieri, Gingko Biloba, and Rhodiola Rosea, all of which have undergone some clinical testing and may have positive benefits to brain health.
There is also Phosphatidylserine, Taurine, and Tyrosine – all natural substances also present in the body, as well as taken in supplement form. Finally, this supplement includes Huperzine A and some B vitamins, all of which are beneficial to brain health. Check out the ingredients tab for more information.
1 Body Brain Support Concerns:
- We would have liked to have seen some advice about the best way to take the capsules i.e. whether it is best to take all at once or spread the serving out throughout the day
- We hope that 1 Body will keep to their promise regarding the money-back guarantee
- There seems to be an issue with the bottle cap
Brain Support comes from a USA based company called 1 Body. There are no details about the physical address which is a concern, but you can contact them via telephone, social media, or email. There is a Facebook page with around 5000 followers so although this is not the biggest following in the world, it is quite respectable and the page is regularly updated with advertising and some useful health tips.
Other 1 Body supplements are mainly to do with health products rather than any specific purpose such as weight loss or bodybuilding. These include Liver Support – which is slightly worrying because it is described as a detox, Thyroid Support, and Hair and Nails Support.
1 Body supplements fall into the alternative health category, and appear to offer customers a natural way of improving health without the need for prescription medication. If you fall into this category, you might find it appealing but as ever it is always important to take qualified medical advice before using health supplements.
What Does 1 Body Brain Support Claim To Do?
According to the product information, Brain Support works in a variety of ways.
The supplement is,
EXPERTLY FORMULATED USING CLINICALLY PROVEN INGREDIENTS Sharp-PS® & Suntheanine® – 11 additional safe & effective ingredients were carefully selected to support healthy brain function.
It has key benefits to mental performance,
- ENERGY & FOCUS – Factor in Vitamins B12 & B6 with our stack of Alpha GPC, Lion’s Mane Mushroom, Bacopa Monnieri, Tyrosine, Ginkgo Biloba, L-Theanine, Rhodiola Rosea, and Huperzine-A. The result is a powerful neuro blend that is designed to support many aspects of your mental nutrition needs
- MEMORY & COGNITION SUPPORT – We used one of the most bioavailable forms of choline to support your body’s natural memory & concentration functions.
- MOTIVATION & PRODUCTION IMPROVEMENTS – Designed to fight stress and enhance your mood so you can focus on what’s important
- ELEVATE YOUR MIND – Take 3 capsules daily to ignite your peak performance, feel smart & boost your mental edge
Unlike many nootropics, the product advertising is aimed at everyone. This product is not focused on students or on seniors.
Does 1 Body Brain Support Work?
Yes, we think it will work for some people. This looks to be a well thought out supplement that will probably cause noticeable effects. We can see its application for people who are older or already elderly, but it should be effective for younger users as well.
Both Alpha GPC and Centrophenoxine have evidence that they do improve cognitive issues and mental impairment. The serving size for Centrophenoxine is a little low here for removing plaque build up in the brain – research suggested that 2 g taken over a month is best for this purpose. However, research has also shown that as little as 250mg a day can cause neurological enhancement.
The other components come with some clinical evidence to back them up and are in safe serving sizes. Two of the ingredients; Sharp PS and Suntheanine have been approved by the FDA and the EC as safe, and are good quality and well-known products.
Overall this supplement looks like it will deliver some positive benefits to the user. Customer feedback seems genuine and is mainly positive, which is also another good point about this supplement.
What Are The Ingredients of 1 Body Brain Support?
Serving size is equal to three capsules.
- Alpha GPC (600mg): L-Alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine is a natural choline compound that is already present in the brain, and some research suggests that supplementation may help improve cognitive disorders. A major clinical trial carried out on over 2000 patients in Italy found that 1000mg a day for 28 days improved the recovery of stroke victims. In supplements, the most usual dose is between 300mg and 1200mg per day.
- Lions Mane Mushroom (500mg): This mushroom is well known in Traditional Chinese Medicine, and it may have real neuroprotective benefits as well as positive benefits for general health. Recent medical research has confirmed the traditional usage of Lion’s Mane in herbal medicine, showing that the mushroom can relieve damage of the nerves and nervous system.
- Centrophenoxine (300mg): Choline compound with a DMAE component which is specifically designed to improve cognitive health in the elderly. It is a precursor of DMAE (Dimethylaminoethanol) which in turn helps to form acetylcholine in the brain. Acetylcholine is the principle neuro chemical because it helps communication between nerve cells and because levels reduce with age, this leads to forgetfulness and a lack of mental sharpness. Centrophenoxine is better absorbed by the body than DMAE itself and evidence shows that it causes a cognition boost. Serving size here is low compared to clinical testing. Source
- Bacopa Monnieri (200mg): The plant extract derived from the water hyssop plant is a traditional Indian medical ingredient that has been used for hundreds of years. It contains chemicals called Bacosides and clinical testing has found that these may help reduce anxiety and improve memory function. It has an effect upon dopamine and serotonin systems so can help improve mood. Usual serving size is 300mg so a little underpowered here.
- Tyrosine (175mg): Amino acid which helps the body convert fat into energy and is important for mental functioning.
- Sharp PS (100mg): Sharp PS is a branded supplement from Enzymotec, a global company based in Israel. Sharp PS contains Phosphatidylserine, a natural building block of our tissues, found in every cell membrane. PS has especially been shown to play a crucial role in the structure and function of the brain, but also of muscles and other tissues. It has been approved by the FDA and has received novel food approval from the European Commission (EC). Source
- Gingko Biloba (100mg): Herbal extract that increases blood flow to the brain and is widely used as a treatment for dementia. It may also have other benefits such as to cardiovascular health and treating blood disorders. It appears to improve blood circulation to the brain.
- Suntheanine (100mg): Branded Theanine supplement. Theanine is an amino acid present in tea Clinical research suggests that 50 mg – 200 mg Suntheanine stimulates activity in the brain known as alpha waves, which are associated with a relaxed but alert mental state. This supplement was awarded GRAS status (generally recognised as safe) in 2007. Source
- Rhodiola Rosea (50mg): Rhodiola is a natural Adaptogen which means that it causes general feelings of wellbeing and is often taken as a supplement in its own right. According to animal testing, it seems to reduce fatigue and feelings of stress, but there no real evidence beyond the anecdotal that it helps improve cognitive functioning.
- Taurine (25mg): present in the human body where it is the major constituent of bile. It is an important acid, which has many biological roles. Early clinical research suggested that taurine improved mental performance. It is a mainstay of energy drinks such as Red Bull. Source
- Huperzine A (250mcg): Natural chemical derived from a Chinese plant called Club Moss, but regarded as a drug by some people because it undergoes a lengthy manufacture process. Research suggests it is effective for a variety of brain conditions including memory loss, dementia, and mild mental impairment. Serving size here is high compared to many supplements.
Brain Support also contains B vitamins which are important for healthy brain function.
- Vitamin B6 (2.5mg): 150% recommended daily value
- Vitamin B12 (100mcg): 4167% recommended daily value
Does 1 Body Brain Support Have Any Side Effects?
This supplement contains a lot of ingredients so side effects could be an issue with some users. According to the customer feedback, side effects were,
- Increased brain fog
Judging by the ingredients list, potential side effects could include,
- Stomach discomfort
- Changes to blood sugar levels
Centrophenoxine is a DMAE compound, and like DMAE, it is considered unsafe to take this substance if there is any chance you may be pregnant as it does come with a risk of causing birth defects.
Not suitable for individuals under 18. Avoid if you are pregnant, breast feeding or trying to conceive. Speak to your doctor before use if you are taking prescription medication, including medication for any mental health issues or if you have an underlying medical condition. Discontinue if you experience side effects and seek medical advice if necessary.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For 1 Body Brain Support?
There are customer reviews on Amazon. Most are positive or fairly positive. Typical comments include,
I remember more which is huge. I hate word searching. No after effects.
I’ve had issues with memory retention after several years of spinal fluid in my brain. After the doctors took care of the spinal fluid I continued to have daily brain fog and lag in my thought process. I have been taking the brain support product for three weeks and I am more focused then I have been in a long time. I am still working on the slow thought process but I am confident that I will see success in that area as well, with continued use of the Brain support supplements.
Feel like I process things quicker with slightly better memory. Not 100% sure all is attributed to supplement but enough that I want to continue trying. Recommend
More alert and focused. I can think better and stay on task.
Some customers have been concerned that the bottle is not properly sealed. A lot of people have mentioned this and it seems to be a common issue.
The product works well. My only concern is that there was no proper seal on the product. Hopefully Brain Support takes care of this in the future.
Negative comments include,
This product gave me a serious migraine headache. My left temple was super sensitive to the touch for almost 2 days and felt bruised. Not sure from which ingredient it was from, or if it was the combination from all of them, but it didn’t agree with me.
This customer noticed zero effects.
This did not work for me even though I have been using it for weeks. I am getting no results and this was a waste of money.
Does 1 Body Brain Support Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
Yes, and it looks pretty good. Here’s what the company says about it,
If you aren’t happy for any reason up to 1 year after you’ve purchased, you can return the unused portion for a full refund. If you aren’t 100% thrilled with your purchase, then we don’t want your money. It’s that simple.
Call us at: 1-844-208-4908 for return/refund instructions or email us at: [email protected]
Include your: Name, Order Number, & the item(s) you want to return and a sentence explaining why you are returning the item(s)
Where Can I Buy 1 Body Brain Support?
You can buy Brain Support direct from the 1 Body website. It is also on sale via Amazon USA.
1 Body Brain Support Rating
Price / Guarantee
The Nootropic Watchdog approves 1 Body Brain Support.
Disclaimer: Our reviews and investigations are based on extensive research from the information publicly available to us and consumers at the time of first publishing the post. Information is based on our personal opinion and whilst we endeavour to ensure information is up-to-date, manufacturers do from time to time change their products and future research may disagree with our findings. If you feel any of the information is inaccurate, please contact us and we will review the information provided.