Is insomnia getting you down? Or can you fall asleep but find yourself waking multiple times a night for no reason? It may be because you are deficient in magnesium or your sleep hormones are off balance.
Base Nutrition say they have designed Deactivate with the aim of improving sleep quality, with the knock benefits of improving health, cognition, and improved mood. Containing all natural ingredients, they say it is not a sedative and will not cause drowsiness during the daytime or side effects.
With so many sleep aids on the market all claiming to get you the best night’s sleep you have had in a long time, what exactly is different about Deactivate and is it going to work for you? The Nootropic Watchdog investigates the ingredients and the outfit behind Deactivate to get to grips with the claims.
Base Nutrition Deactivate Pros
- Contains melatonin known to combat insomnia
- 100% money-back guarantee
Base Nutrition Deactivate Cons
- No adequate warnings about side effects and interactions with other medicines
- Tangy, chalky taste which customers are not keen on
- Potential to overdose on magnesium if it is consumed elsewhere in the diet or other supplements
Consider using the Editor's top pick – CLICK HERE
Base Nutrition Deactivate Overview
What You Need To Know About Base Nutrition Deactivate
This formulation by Base Nutrition promises to sort out your frequent night wakings or difficulty falling asleep, which leaves you feeling groggy and sluggish the next day.
Linked to a multitude of health problems, lack of sleep can elevate blood pressure, the risk of heart disease increases, and people can become stressed or even depressed.
Deactivate promises to even out your sleep and get you deeper, more restful slumber. They say a side benefit is that good sleep allows muscle growth and regeneration which may help your weight and fitness goals, to boot.
It comes in 45 chewable capsules, which aid quicker absorption and lulls you to sleep within an hour.
What Are The Side Effects Of Base Nutrition Deactivate?
One reviewer reported nausea after taking this product and another felt it made them drowsy during the day. Taking too much of these ingredients have been linked to a range of minor and major side effects such as headache and stomach upset. Magnesium overdose can cause serious health complications.
How Much Does Base Nutrition Deactivate Cost?
Base Nutrition Deactivate is $29.99 for a bottle containing 45 capsules, which should last you over a month. It normally retails at $39.99 from their website, and it is also available on Amazon for a similar price.
Our Verdict On Base Nutrition Deactivate
Containing a decent dose of melatonin, which is known to promote good sleep when supplemented, makes this a real contender in the sleep aid space. It has a hefty 2mg of melatonin, which may even be a little high to start with, as it is advised to begin a low dose and build up to a higher dose if things do not improve. If tolerated well, Deactivate is likely to give you deeper, better quality sleep.
Magnesium is at the upper limit of the recommended daily allowance, and whilst this may be great for someone who is completely deficient, if you consume any in your diet or other supplements, there is a danger that you could be getting too much if you take this long term.
We think working on the tangy taste and chalky texture might make this supplement more appealing to customers. We do not recommend Base Nutrition Deactivate to our readers.
The most popular consumer choice
in 2019 is iQ2
Containing ingredients that have been clinically tested and boasting a 30-day money-back guarantee, iQ2 has quickly risen to the top of the Nootropic world.
Find out more about why people are choosing iQ2 to achieve advanced brain performance, and why it is our editor’s top pick.
Read the Nootropic Watchdog iQ2 review here.
Base Nutrition Deactivate Key Features
Base Nutrition make products for the health nutrition supplement market in the USA, and among their range are omega fish oils, thermogenic fat burners, and carb blockers.
Deactivate joins their range as a sleep aid to help those who suffer from insomnia and annoying, frequent wakefulness during the night. They say this results in a stressed, unhealthy body and a sluggish energy that stops you from achieving your goals.
How to Take Base Nutrition Deactivate
- Take 1 chewable tablet (one serving) 1 hour prior to going to sleep
Containing high quality, natural ingredients such as Magnesium, Melatonin, and Theanine, they promise if taken an hour before bedtime it will promote a restful sleep and a relaxed mood.
Base Nutrition Deactivate Concerns:
- Sell and promote products via third-party affiliates and ambassadors
- Potential for overdosing on some ingredients
- Lack of warnings about side effects and health concerns
But be careful not to exceed recommended doses of this product or operate any machinery for up to 5 hours afterwards. It also should be consumed with care if you have any known medical conditions or are taking medication.
What Does Base Nutrition Deactivate Claim To Do?
Designed for those who find it hard to switch off and unwind at the end of a long day, Deactivate helps you relax and put you in the right frame of mind for a restful sleep.
They claim it contains active ingredients that will help you naturally drift off rather than containing sedatives to knock you out.
Base Nutrition say that during our sleep cycles the body can get to work on repairing itself and this, in turn, may help you with your fat loss and muscle gaining goals.
They promise that their supplements are subject to stringent scientific testing to prove their claims and say they are free from side effects.
Does Base Nutrition Deactivate Work?
The whopping dose of melatonin in Deactivate might help send you to the land of nod in a more natural way than a sedative, and should not leave you with drowsiness the next day. But, it is always better to test tolerance to ingredients like melatonin before increasing the dose, which this formula does not give the opportunity to do.
Tolerance to the ingredients is likely to be related to existing diet, lifestyle, and the age and general health of the user, but some side effects may be likely. Especially if you already consume magnesium as part of your diet or in another food supplement. Seek advice if you are uncertain to avoid taking on too much.
Rather than being a sleep aid per se, it is more likely that this formulation will promote relaxation and a positive mood more conducive to sleep.
What Are The Ingredients of Base Nutrition Deactivate?
- Magnesium (as Magnesium Citrate) (350 mg): An essential mineral that supports many functions in the body but is thought to be deficient in a lot of people, but especially females. Present in nuts, green leafy vegetables, salmon, avocado, and bananas, among other foods, it is possible to get the required amount of magnesium by making simple diet changes. It is believed to play an important role in sleep, particularly in promoting quality, uninterrupted sleep. This is because it is a mild sedative and promotes relaxation and positive mood. Given many people suffer sleep problems due to anxiety, this may also be part of the reason why it is thought to improve rest. Its other benefits appear to be in helping to lower blood pressure, increasing insulin sensitivity, and promoting gut health. 200-400mg daily is thought to be an optimal dose but it can cause diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and bloating in some people. Large doses have been linked to serious side effects including an irregular heartbeat, low blood pressure, confusion, slowed breathing, coma, and even death. It is an electrolyte that is likely to be lost through sweat for those who work out heavily and so needs to be replaced. Source
- Suntheanine Extract (std. to 98% L-Theanine) (100 mg): A lab-engineered form of L-Theanine that instead of coming from green tea, is made synthetically making it a purer form of theanine. L-Theanine is thought to be a mild sedative responsible for inducing a relaxed but alert state. The sleep benefits it may provide come mainly from the mood-boosting and anxiety reducing properties it has, which in turn may help people sleep better. There is not much known about side effects or safe doses of Theanine, although 30mg to 100mg is a common dose. It interacts poorly with high blood pressure medication. Source
- Melatonin (2mg): A hormone responsible for regulating sleep and helping you to drop off. Getting enough light during the day and sleeping in a completely dark room, without the interruption of blue light from mobile phones, tablets and televisions, is key to producing the right amount of melatonin to enable good quality sleep. It is thought to be a none addictive or toxic substance and can be taken as a supplement for those with troubled sleep patterns. Doses from 500mcg to 4mg are considered safe but the advice is to start on the lower dose and build up if required. Taking too much can result in side effects which may include headache, short-term feelings of depression, daytime sleepiness, dizziness, stomach cramps, and irritability. It is best to take it 30 minutes before bed and do not drive or use machinery for four to five hours after taking melatonin. Source
Does Base Nutrition Deactivate Have Any Side Effects?
The following side effects have been reported from the listed ingredients.
- Irregular heartbeat
- Low blood pressure
- Slowed breathing
- Short-term feelings of depression
- Daytime sleepiness
- Stomach cramps
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Base Nutrition Deactivate?
Many customers commented on the sour, almost tangy taste of the chewable capsules, and said it had an unpleasant chalky texture. They would have preferred a swallowable capsule instead.
A few reviewers said they felt more rested the next day after taking this supplement but did not experience lethargy and they liked that one bottle contained 45 capsules per bottle, which made it better value.
Another customer said that they felt it did nothing for them and it was a waste of money.
Does Base Nutrition Deactivate Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
Base Nutrition stand by their products and say they will offer a 100% money-back guarantee on supplements. They even provide free returns within the USA. It is not clear if this extends to products sold on Amazon or if the generic 30-day unopened, unused refund policy applies.
Where Can I Buy Base Nutrition Deactivate?
Base Nutrition Deactivate is available to buy from the merchant’s website for $29.99, reduced from $39.99 at the time of writing. You can also find the product on Amazon.
Base Nutrition work through affiliates and brand ambassadors, and reward them with products and commission for recommending the product to potential customers.
Base Nutrition Deactivate Rating
Price / Guarantee
The Nootropic Watchdog does not recommend Base Nutrition Deactivate.
Disclaimer: Our reviews and investigations are based on extensive research from the information publicly available to us and consumers at the time of first publishing the post. Information is based on our personal opinion and whilst we endeavour to ensure information is up-to-date, manufacturers do from time to time change their products and future research may disagree with our findings. If you feel any of the information is inaccurate, please contact us and we will review the information provided.