Smart X was first seen on TV when it was featured on Shark Tank – the US equivalent of Dragons’ Den. This supplement is supposed to boost focus and concentration. It also comes with a 30-day guarantee. Is this true or is it just part of the snappy advertising you would expect from a Shark Tank winner?
Smart X is manufactured by a Utah-based company called Cerebral Success. This nootropic is the company’s only product and is available through their official website and via other online retailers such as GNC and Amazon.
Smart X is a nootropic supplement that was featured on the American TV show Shark Tank, receiving investment from Barbara Corcoran. It looks good but it comes with a hefty price tag and it is difficult to understand why it is so expensive. It is not effective on everyone and some customers have complained about the lack of customer service when trying to claim the advertised money-back guarantee.
Smart X is expensive. On the official website, a single bottle costs $65.00. You can save on larger orders with two bottles for $115.00 and three bottles for $150.00.
Cerebral Success Smart X looks fine but not great. It contains ingredients already available in countless other supplements and, although we like that it is manufactured in the USA and looks relatively safe, we think it’s overpriced. In our opinion, $65.00 for a month’s supply is excessive and we don’t think the product offers a good value for money. You could find similar supplements at a much lower cost.
We like Shark Tank, but unlike celebrity businesswoman Barbara Corcoran, we do not consider this a good deal.
Cerebral Success Smart X Review
Smart X first stepped onto the scene when it was featured on Shark Tank, a popular American show similar to Dragons’ Den. The supplement devised by then college student Trevor Hiltman was endorsed by celebrity investor Barbara Corcoran. Smart X was an attempt at creating a safe alternative to pharmaceuticals such as Adderall – an ADHD prescription drug widely used in colleges as a study aids.
At first glance, Smart X looks good. The supplement contains a range of well-know nootropic ingredients, vitamins, nutrients and amino-acids. It also contains popular herbal extracts like Huperzine A, vinponectin and schizandra.
How to Take Cerebral Success Smart X
Take Smart X as needed without exceeding 4 capsules per day and 16 capsules per week. Useful in the morning for a powerful, productive start or in the afternoon to combat post-lunch sleepiness.
Cerebral Success carried a very small clinical trial on Smart X. Ten participants were given either Smart X or a placebo; those who took Smart X “had an increased processing speed of 26%, memory recall of 14% and alpha brain magnitude (associated with focus) of 55% after seven days […]”. According to the doctor conducting the trial:
These results show the promise of Smart X and warrant the need for future studies.
Cerebral Success Smart X Concerns:
- Smart X is expensive.
- Many users said the product was not working as described.
- May cause side effects.
It is essential to remember that Shark Tank investors are not experts in supplements but talented businessmen and women. It does not make Smart X a good supplement but it is an indicator of reputation and safety.
What Does Cerebral Success Smart X Claim To Do?
According to the advertising, Smart X has five key features:
- Increases focus
- Improves memory and recall
- Reduces mental fatigue
- Supports healthy brain function
- Reduces anxiety
Smart X is thought to improve brain power by increasing the blood flow and nutrient to the brain. It also stimulates the central nervous system for more energy and mental ability.
Does Cerebral Success Smart X Work?
Despite the hype around Smart X and its Shark Tank debut, the lure of the guarantee and the clinical trial, we are not convinced. There has been lots of negative feedback with many users saying that the product was ineffective and that they have noticed no difference when taking it.
While it’s true that researches on some of the individual ingredients contained in Smart X suggest some effect on brain health, there is no hard evidence of the effectiveness of the formula. The so-called clinical trial only tested Smart X on five persons and we have no details about the testing conditions. Even the doctor carrying the trial said that more studies were needed and we fully agree with him.
Smart X may have some effects but they are not as certain as suggested by the advertising, However, it is probably not as dangerous as Adderall and might be worth a try.
What Are The Ingredients of Cerebral Success Smart X?
- Niacin: Niacin, also known as vitamin B3, may help lower the risk of suffering from Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Vitamin B6: Vitamin B6 is essential to growth and brain function.
- Folic Acid: Also known as Vitamin B9, this nutrient is important for blood function and helps the body produce new cells.
- Vitamin B12: Essential vitamin that can only be obtained through food or supplement, B12 is essential to blood cells. Common side effects of deficiency are depression and memory loss.
- Cognizin: Branded supplement by the Japanese company Kyowa Kirin, it contains phosphatidylcholine – a brain chemical important to the formation and maintenance of brain cells.
- L-Theanine: Amino-acid present only in the tea plant, responsible for the energising yet relaxing effect of a cup of tea.
- L-Tyrosine: Amino-acid present in meat and cheese important for mental alertness but can sometimes cause headaches.
- Glucoronolactone: Naturally occurring chemical often used in energy drinks, this molecule is an antioxidant supposed to enhance energy levels but there has been very little clinical testing on humans.
- Caffeine Anhydrous: Smart X contains a quantity of caffeine similar to the quantity found in an average-sized cup of coffee.
- Bacopa Monnieri: Indian herbal extract that may help increase memory and cognitive ability with its effect on dopamine and serotonin system. It can take as long as twelve weeks for the product to take effect.
- DHA: Omega-3 fatty acid found in fish, it is one of the major fatty acids and is essential to a good brain function.
- Schizandrol: Chinese herbal extract that contains natural chemicals stimulating biochemical reactions. It may increase speed of mental processes and improve thinking skills.
- L-Glutamine: Amino-acid used by the body to synthesise protein and the most abundant amino-acid in the body. The body does not produce L-Glutamine so it has to be consumed through food or supplements.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid: Antioxidant naturally found in the body. When taken as a supplement, it may help lower blood sugar levels and remove free radical cells.
- Phosphatidyl Serine: Chemical naturally created by the body and an important part of the cell structure. It is believed to improve memory and thinking skills; research has shown that it might help dementia sufferers.
- Vinpocetine: Chemical first identified in the periwinkle flower and now fabricated synthetically, vinpocetine helps to improve circulation and blood flow to the brain.
- Huperzine A: Obtained from purified Club Moss, a Chinese medicinal plant, it is thought to help increase acetylcholine levels – the brain’s principal chemical.
Does Cerebral Success Smart X Have Any Side Effects?
Cerebral Success Smart X may cause side effects including:
- Stomach cramps
Not suitable for individuals under 18.
Avoid if pregnant or breast-feeding.
Check with your healthcare practitioner for interactions with your prescription medications.
Consult a doctor prior to taking if you suffer from any underlying medical condition, including mental health issues.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Cerebral Success Smart X?
Barbara Corcoran, the businesswoman who invested in Cerebral Success Smart X, was very enthusiastic when the product appeared before her on Shark Tank. She said she invested in Smart X because she believes there is a real need for a good product that helps people improve memory and focus. However, some users do not share her opinion:
Did not notice a big difference.
It really did nothing for me. It did not help me study; it did not give me energy. I really didn’t feel anything.
Other customers also reported headaches:
Ever since I started taking this product, I have had the WORSE headache ever! This is a no go for me.
Some customers have questioned the lack of clinical testing:
Clinically tested dosages shown to support memory function and cognition. SHOW ME THE CLINICAL STUDIES ON THE SUPPLEMENT; NOT ON THE INGREDIENTS!
The clinical study on Smart X only included 10 participants.
Yet, some people are satisfied with the product:
I am a believer in Smart X. I have always had problems with concentration and staying focused. I have found that Smart X helps gives me energy and helps me focus on a single task for longer periods of time where I would otherwise become easily…
This reviewer obviously still has problems focusing on a task as simple as writing a complete review!
Does Cerebral Success Smart X Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
Cerebral Success offers a 30-day guarantee on Smart X. The advertising claims that you can simply send back the product within 30 days if you are not satisfied to get a full refund. However, there are no instructions on how to proceed and some customers have complained of the lack of customer service:
I called customer service for a 100% full refund as advertised. Not only is the number on their site no longer accurate, but they don’t have an active customer service number… Their email support is very slow… And they did not respond to my second email.
Where Can I Buy Cerebral Success Smart X?
Smart X is available from a choice of outlets such as GNC and Amazon, and directly through Cerebral Success’s website.