Dopamine Brain Food is a supplement that contains a range of vitamins, minerals and amino-acids to boost your dopamine levels. It sounds great but will these capsules really increase your alertness and creativity whilst improving your mood?
Dopamine Brain Food is manufactured by Natural Stacks, a US-based company that specialises in nootropic and supplements. Dopamine Brain Food can be taken alone or be combined with a stack of other supplements. We take an in-depth look at Natural Stacks Dopamine Brain Food to find out more.
Dopamine Brain Food is fabricated in the USA by a reputable company. However, there is no scientific evidence that this supplement will work in the way described and some customers have been disappointed. Dopamine Brain Food contains a blend of vitamins and minerals, and side effects are unlikely, but in our opinion you could find better products of better value at your local health shop.
Dopamine Brain Food is very expensive. A bottle of 60 capsules that lasts only 20 days will cost you $39.95 in the US and a whooping £50 if you are in UK!
We like some aspects of Dopamine Brain Food: it seems relatively safe and we know that taking vitamins and minerals can enhance dopamine production therefore increasing alertness and decreasing depression symptoms. However, there is no evidence that this formula will work as described and like many other customers, you could find it has no effect whatsoever. In many cases, you have to take supplements for a while to see effects. Bearing in mind the small-sized bottle at an exorbitant price, long-term consumption does not look like a viable option. We believe this supplement is way overpriced.
Dopamine Brain Food Review
Dopamine Brain Food is a supplement claiming to increase your levels of dopamine – a chemical naturally present in the brain that control emotions as well as the pleasure and reward centres of the brain.
Dopamine is released by the brain in pleasurable situations such as eating or during sexual activity; it is also partly responsible for the famous “runners’ high”. Drugs like amphetamines and cocaine increase the concentration of dopamine in the brain, this is what makes them so addictive.
Low dopamine levels can lead to depression, insomnia, fatigue and lack of attention so it is essential to many physical and mental functions.
Dopamine Brain Food does not contain anything addictive or illegal. The idea is that it will strengthen and help your own dopamine production to help you feel better naturally. Ingredients include selenium a mineral that help decrease oxidative stress in the brain. It also contains amino-acids such as L-Phenylalanine and L-Tyrosine, which the brain needs in order to produce dopamine.
How to Take Dopamine Brain Food
Take 2 or 3 capsules in the morning. Do not exceed 3 capsules per day.
Dopamine Brain Food also contains a vitamin complex, folate and trimethylglycine (often called betaine). According to research, this combination can help methylation – a chemical process taking place in the body that reduces homocysteine levels. Homocysteine is an amino-acid produced by the body and linked to diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
Dopamine Brain Food Concerns:
- The supplement is overpriced.
- There is no scientific evidence to support the claims.
- At the time of writing, Dopamine Brain Food is marked as ‘out of stock’ on the Natural Stacks website without further information on the expected date of return.
Natural Stacks was founded by two former college friends and athletes, Roy Krebs and Ben Hebert. The company is now run by a team of “former collegial athletes, martial artists, and nutrition and fitness experts”. The supplements are sold via the official website or other online retailers such as Amazon.
All Natural Stacks supplements are manufactured in the USA in facilities conform to good manufacturing practice (GMP).
What Does Dopamine Brain Food Claim To Do?
According to the manufacturers:
Dopamine Brain Food is designed to support the body’s natural production of dopamine, a neurotransmitter essential to the central nervous system.
There are three key benefits to this product:
- Reduces brain fog.
- Increases drive to accomplish tasks.
- Support for athletic performance.
Increasing dopamine levels “improves your balance and motor function, and is associated with increased learning capacity in both mental and physical pursuits.”
Dopamine Brain Food contains “natural nutrients that act as fuel for specific neurotransmitters in the brain. They can be taken daily to boost various states of optimal performance. By addressing any deficiencies or imbalances in the delicate neurological system, you can increase your ability to concentrate, regulate your energy, and balance your mood.”
Does Dopamine Brain Food Work?
Balancing your dopamine levels is not quite as simple as Natural Stacks makes it sound. The brain is a highly complex organ and if it really was so easy to increase dopamine levels, this supplement would be the answer to the increase of mental health problems worldwide.
That said, the vitamins and minerals contained in this supplement will certainly not do you any harm and many people take selenium supplements as an over-the-counter treatment for depression and believe it works. There is some evidence that a combination of folate, B12 and trimethylglycine can help methylation. So you may find that it works for you and makes you feel better, or not.
What Are The Ingredients of Dopamine Brain Food?
- L-Phenylalanine: Amino-acid the body needs yet is unable to produce. Important in the formation of brain chemicals such as epinephrine and dopamine, and for healthy nervous system function. As a precursor to dopamine, this essential amino-acid is directly converted into phenylethylamine, an important neurotransmitter and neuromodulator. It is present in many foods such as eggs, meat and dairy.
- L-Tyrosine: Amino-acid present in foods such as meat and cheese, and a precursor to dopamine. It is synthesised by the body to produce a chemical called L-DOPA that goes in the creation of dopamine.
- Vitamin B6: An essential vitamin that is that is used to convert L-DOPA into dopamine and help to over a hundred other metabolic functions. It is naturally present in poultry, fruit and vegetables.
- Vitamin C: This essential vitamin and antioxidant is present in fruits and vegetables so easily obtainable with a healthy diet. It has a protective effect and help boost immunity. It plays a vital antioxidant role in the brain, preventing oxidative stress and therefore degenerative conditions such as Alzheimer’s.
- Folate, Vitamin B12 and Trimethylglycine: Branded supplement from a Scottish company, it helps reduce levels of homocysteine in the body. Homocysteine is a risk factor for numerous diseases such as Alzheimer’s and is often caused by a poor diet and other lifestyle choices such as smoking and drinking.
- Selenium: This essential mineral and antioxidant helps keep the brain’s levels of dopamine-producing enzymes at optimal levels. Many people take selenium supplements to prevent depression.
- Trimethglycerine: Active metabolite of choline and vital for methylation.
Does Dopamine Brain Food Have Any Side Effects?
There are very few reported side effects but possible ones include:
- Cardiac palpitations
- Joint pain
- Restless legs
Not suitable for individuals under 18.
Avoid if pregnant or breast-feeding.
Speak to your doctor before taking if you have an underlying health condition or are taking prescription medication in case of interactions.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Dopamine Brain Food?
There are some testimonials on the official website but the fact that all are positive is a cause for concern. In our experience no matter how good something is, someone always complains so the absence of bad feedback is a bit fishy.
The opinions on Amazon USA are mixed but usually positive:
I have busy 12+ hours per day job that requires incredible focus and energy. This Dopamine product keeps me locked in and balanced. I have tried it by itself, or with Ciltep, or with Piracetam/alpha GPC and the underlying result is always locked in focus. There is no brain chatter.
My mind feels so much clearer after using this product.
I think it was pretty strong. It give me great motivation with just one pill, I have to be careful not to take too much!
Does Dopamine Brain Food Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
There is no money-back guarantee.
Where Can I Buy Dopamine Brain Food?
Dopamine Brain Food is available online either from Amazon (UK and USA) or from the official website. Though at the moment of writing these lines, Dopamine Brain Food is ‘out of stock’ via Natural Stacks.