Futurebiotics Chill Pill is an offering of a US-based pharmaceutical company. The supplement is supposed to induce a state of relaxation and calm. It helps you sleep better and is not addictive. The question is, should you really be taking the supplement to relieve stress or improve nerve function? Here is our review to help you decide.
Futurebiotics Chill Pill has an impressive ingredient profile. It actually uses a long list of ingredients and claims to help you improve brain health by promoting a state of calm and relaxation. It works on your nerves to help make it easier for you to manage stress. It certainly includes some popular ingredients, but the list is so extensive that it makes the supplement less effective. Moreover, the manufacturer has offered no clinical evidence to support their outrageous claims.
Futurebiotics Chill Pill contains so many ingredients, so it is possible to experience side effects if your body reacts to even one of those ingredients. Some common issues are drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, daytime sleeping, and other gastrointestinal symptoms. Refer to our “Side Effects” section to learn more.
Futurebiotics Chill Pill seems to be an inexpensive option, as it only costs you $4.59 per bottle. However, each bottle contains 60 tablets and you have to take 3 tablets a day. It means you will be paying for a 20-day supply.
Futurebiotics Chill Pill contains a variety of natural ingredients, all of which are supposed to work synergistically to soothe your nerves and induce a state of relaxation. Unfortunately, there is no scientific evidence to support the formula. Many ingredients in the supplement are not backed by scientific evidence either. It contains B-vitamins, which are important for proper functioning of your brain, but you notice a change in your nervous system only when you are already deficient in those vitamins and minerals.
Futurebiotics Chill Pill Review
Futurebiotics Chill Pill is supposed to have an impressive ingredient profile, and is therefore considered to help reduce stress, improve brain health, and promote a state of relaxation. The truth is that it most contains B-vitamins and minerals that you can easily get from any other multivitamin supplements. The herbs available in Futurebiotics Chill Pill are not backed by much scientific evidence, which is another reason you are less likely to get any benefit from this particular supplement.
Experts believe that the levels of B-vitamins come down when you are under stress, so it may be beneficial to supplement with B-vitamins to improve your condition. While B-vitamins are important for a healthy nervous system, they are effective only when you are already deficient in them. Also, there is actually no need to take this supplement when you can easily get enough of B-vitamins from dietary sources. For instance, thiamine or vitamin B1 is supposed to reduce depression symptoms in elderly people, but you can get enough of it from poultry, beef, pork, organ meats, bran, wheat germ, legumes, whole-grain, blackstrap molasses, and Brewer’s yeast.
Futurebiotics Chill Pill also contains 200mg of vitamin B3. It supports the nerve function and improves digestive system. However, the truth is that your body can produce this vitamin on its own by using L-tryptophan. It is true that a deficient of this vitamin can lead to irritability, depression, and mood disturbances, but you will be able to fix these issues if you are indeed deficient in niacin or vitamin B3. Some supplement manufacturers say that supplementing with niacin may also help people with Alzheimer’s disease. That is not always true though.
- People who consume higher amounts of niacin from food and multivitamin sources seem to have a lower risk of getting Alzheimer’s disease than people who consume less niacin. But there is no evidence that taking a stand-alone niacin supplement helps to prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
Similarly, there is vitamin B6 in the blend, which is supposed to improve the production of neurotransmitters, such as serotonin to help you deal with stress, anxiety, and depression. Again, Futurebiotics Chill Pill will help if you do not already have enough of this vitamin in your body. The same holds true for calcium, which is an important mineral for your nervous system function. Your muscles will fail to relax and contract in the absence of enough calcium. However, you should supplement with it when you know you have a calcium deficiency because taking more than needed can lead to serious side effects.
The thing is that vitamins are important for your health, but you can easily get all of them from your regular multivitamin supplement and there is absolutely no need to put your money on Futurebiotics Chill Pill. However, the manufacturer says that Futurebiotics Chill Pill is likely to work because it also contains a potent blend of herbs. For instance, it contains Ashwagandha root extract, which is supposed to work by calming the brain. It acts as an adaptogen and makes it easier to deal with environmental stressors. There is some scientific evidence suggesting that Ashwagandha may help improve sleep quality and reduce stress, but that is only when you take it in large doses. For instance:
- At least three studies have examined the efficacy of ASW in anxiety disorders. In a preliminary investigation, the safety and efficacy of an ethanolic extract of ASW were examined in 50 patients with anxiety disorders. By the end of the first month of treatment, 36 patients showed moderate to excellent improvement at a dose of 1 g/day; in about half of these cases, these statistically significant benefits developed within the first 2 weeks, itself.
It shows that the effects of Ashwagandha are evident only when you take up to 1,000mg/day, but unfortunately, Futurebiotics Chill Pill only offers 100mg per serving. Some studies have shown benefits when 500mg of Ashwagandha was used, but that is still less than what you get from Futurebiotics Chill Pill.
- Six weeks supplementation of Ashwagandha (250mg twice daily of the root extract) in persons with diagnosed generalized anxiety disorder (mixed anxiety and depression) noted significant improvements in both depression and anxiety symptoms. Source
How to Take Futurebiotics Chill Pill
Here is what the official site says about taking Futurebiotics Chill Pill:
- Directions: As a dietary supplement for adults, take 1-3 tablets daily as needed or as directed by a healthcare professional. May be used before bedtime.
There is valerian root extract in Futurebiotics Chill Pill. There is actually a 1,600mg proprietary blend of different herbs, so it is not clear exactly how much of each is there in it. Some evidence suggests that valerian root may promote better sleep and help combat insomnia. It may also help relive anxiety to a certain extent. It works by improving the levels of GABA in your brain. While some people may have to deal with daytime drowsiness, valerian root may still help relax your nerves to a certain extent. For instance:
- A study published in the June 2006 issue of “Phytomedicine” evaluated the effectiveness of an herbal preparation combining Valerian and lemon balm in 918 children under 12 years old. These children were experiencing restlessness and dyskoimesis, or difficulty falling asleep. The herbal preparation led to a distinct decrease in severity of all symptoms as rated by the investigators and the parents. Restlessness and sleep difficulty decreased from moderate or severe to mild or absent in most of these children. Nearly 81 percent experienced sleep improvement and about 70 percent were less restless.
It is important to mention though that the study also included lemon balm, which is not there in Futurebiotics Chill Pill, so you may or may not experience significant results after taking valerian root alone. Similarly, the supplement includes chamomile flower. Again, the herb lacks scientific evidence to support some of its claims. Some preliminary studies have noted chamomile’s anti-anxiety effects, but the effects are not that significant.
- One of the few reliable studies so far was done by Arnedt et al. The study included 34 patients, half-received chamomile in pills, half receiving a placebo. Through sleep diaries and self-reporting, effects were monitored for about one month. The trial found that there were no significant differences between the placebo group and the chamomile group. It was observed that there was some advantage to the chamomile group with regards to daytime functioning, but these differences “did not reach statistical significance.”
Futurebiotics Chill Pill Concerns:
- Under-dosed, ineffective ingredients
- Lack of scientific evidence
- Possible side effects
- May not work for everyone
- Only 20 servings per bottle
Next up is the oat straw. Some studies suggest that phytochemicals in oat straw may help you feel relaxed, because its use increases alpha-1 and beta-1 brain waves. The problem is that you are not going to get enough of it from Futurebiotics Chill Pill. You should at least be taking 1000mg of oat straw a day to see its effects, and you are not likely to get it from Futurebiotics Chill Pill.
Finally, it includes a BioAccelerators blend that includes ingredients like bioperine to help improve the absorption of all those herbs and vitamins found in Futurebiotics Chill Pill. However, there is not real evidence available to confirm that ginger root extract, bioperine, or other similar ingredients can improve your body’s ability to absorb important nutrients. In fact, a study conducted on mice suggested that bioperine may affect the reproductive fertility.
The fact of the matter is that it seems that Futurebiotics Chill Pill is one of the best supplements to promote better sleep and relaxation, mainly because it has a long list of ingredients. The truth is that they do not include enough of some effective ingredients, and have tried to add so many of them to produce results. It seems that this approach has backfired for the company, as many customer reviews have confirmed that Futurebiotics Chill Pill is not going to work. While it may not be that expensive, you will still be wasting your money. Therefore, you should avoid it and try to manage stress through a healthy lifestyle.
What Does Futurebiotics Chill Pill Claim To Do?
Futurebiotics Chill Pill offers a combination of natural ingredients and is supposed to help you in many different ways. Here are some of its claimed benefits:
- Improve your sleep quality
- Helps manage stress better
- Induces a state of relaxation
- Improves the nerve functioning
Does Futurebiotics Chill Pill Work?
Futurebiotics Chill Pill looks good on paper with so many popular ingredients added to one supplement, but it seems that the use of so many ingredients has actually made it less effective. It contains B-vitamins that you can easily get from any other multivitamin supplement and it has some herbs, which do not have enough scientific evidence to confirm their use. Some herbs like Ashwagandha and chamomile flower may offer some benefits, but it seems that there is not enough of these ingredients in Futurebiotics Chill Pill. It is due to these ineffective, under-dosed ingredients, that Futurebiotics Chill Pill is not going to work!
What Are The Ingredients of Futurebiotics Chill Pill?
Futurebiotics Chill Pill has an impressive ingredient profile, but it seems that in order to offer so many ingredients they have not offered a large enough dose of some important ingredients. Here are some many ingredients found in Futurebiotics Chill Pill:
- Niacin: It is basically vitamin B3 and is supposed to improve your overall health. It may also help lower cholesterol, but there is no scientific evidence that supplementing with it improves brain function.
- Riboflavin: It is supposed to improve the development of blood cells and maintain the health of the digestive tract. Its overdose can lead to several side effects.
- Chamomile Flower: The herb is supposed to reduce anxiety and depression symptoms, but it seems that you do not get enough from Futurebiotics Chill Pill.
- Ashwagandha: Some preliminary research has found anti-anxiety properties of Ashwagandha, but you are likely to see results when you take it in large doses.
- Valerian root: It is considered a good remedy for sleeplessness, but you may end up feeling drowsy during the day as well.
Here is the complete list of ingredients found in the Herbal Blend in Chill Pill. Most of these ingredients are to be taken in larger doses than what is found in this supplement, which is why they are less likely to offer any benefits.
- Chill Pill Herbal Blend: Valerian root extract, Chamomile flower, Oat Straw (aerial part), Hops flower, Skullcap herb, Spearmint leaf, Nettle leaf, Hawthorn berry, Fennel seed, Horsetail herb, Peppermint leaf, Motherwort herb
Does Futurebiotics Chill Pill Have Any Side Effects?
Futurebiotics Chill Pill contains a long list of ingredients, so it is possible to experience side effects because of any of those ingredients. It contains thiamine and other B-vitamins, but you should not take them if you are not already deficient in those vitamins. You should also talk to your doctor before taking thiamine or any other B-vitamins because they can interact with medication. Also, taking a specific B-vitamin for long enough can lead to an imbalanced and cause serious problems.
You may also experience gastrointestinal symptoms because of vitamins. It could also be the result of riboflavin, which can lead to diarrhea and turn your urine into yellowish-orange color. Similarly, there are many herbs including valerian root, chamomile, Ashwagandha, and more. These herbal extracts can also cause gastrointestinal problems and are not considered safe for breastfeeding and pregnant women.
Not for use by persons under the age of 18. If pregnant, nursing, or taking a prescription drug, consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use. Do not exceed recommended dose. Consumption may impair ability to drive or operate heavy equipment.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Futurebiotics Chill Pill?
Futurebiotics Chill Pill makes several big claims, but it seems that customers are not entirely happy with the product. Here are some examples:
I have been taking it for over a couple of weeks now but it has not improved my sleep quality in any way or form. I do not think it is worth your time and money.
I could overlook a lot if the product worked, but it has no effect. The veg Tabs get stuck in your throat and are not easy to take. I stopped taking this product after a week. Great name but thats about it.
Does Futurebiotics Chill Pill Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
Depending on where you go to make a purchase, you may or may not get a money-back guarantee.
Where Can I Buy Futurebiotics Chill Pill?
Futurebiotics Chill Pill is available for purchase through several third-party retailers.