Healthy Brain All-Day Focus is a general nootropic supplement that claims to improve focus, concentration, memory and mood for just over $11 for a month’s supply. We all love a bargain, but does this inexpensive supplement works as described?
Healthy Brain All-Day Focus is manufactured by the California-based company Applied Nutrition and is sold by a range of US retailers including Amazon and Rite Aid. The supplement is also available directly from the Applied Nutrition website.
Despite the Proposition 65 warning, we quite like Healthy Brain All-Day Focus. It is inexpensive and easily available, and many customers said it improved their mental functions. Furthermore, customers didn’t mention any side effects.
However, there is no indication that this combination of ingredients will work as described. The ingredient quantities are likely to be low and for most of them, there is simply no proof of effectiveness. Nootropics are still in the early stages of research and there is no evidence that every ingredient in the formula will provide effects, but some might do.
Don’t expect miracles: this supplement is not strong and effects are unlikely to be earth-shattering, but you may find that it helps improve focus and concentration. At this price, it might just be worth a try.
Healthy Brain All-Day Focus Review
Healthy Brain All-Day Focus offers a 3-in-1 boost of brain nutrients that claims to help your mental function and mood in three different ways: it increases your power of concentration and focus, it improves your mood and energy levels and helps your memory work better. This all-round supplement looks like the complete nootropic package.
Healthy Brain All-Day Focus is a blend of vitamins B12 and D combined with a concoction of herbal ingredients known as the Boosting Botanical Blend as well as amino-acids and natural chemicals known as the Neuro Nutrient Blend.
The botanical ingredients include Rhodiola Rosea – an increasingly popular herbal extract often used to fight fatigue and reduce stress.
It also contains turmeric – the Indian spice well-known of curry lovers. Turmeric contains curcumin, a natural chemical that may have numerous health benefits.
Other ingredients include Gingko Biloba, rosemary, bacopa and Huperzine A. All these herbal ingredients regularly show up in nootropic supplements and are thought to improve mental function.
The Neuro Nutrient Blend contains DMAE (sometimes called Deanol), a chemical naturally present in the body that help produce the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. It is used in supplement form to help managed the symptoms of ADHD and other neurological conditions.
How to Take Healthy Brain All-Day Focus
Take two tablets daily.
The complex contains vitamins B12 and D as well as the amino-acid L-Theanine. We are unfortunately unable to provide a complete breakdown of the ingredient list as all the other ingredients are proprietary blends and therefore, undisclosed.
Alarmingly, this product comes with a Proposition 65 warning informing us that one of the ingredients (undisclosed) can cause reproductive harm and birth defects. Proposition 65 is a law passed in the state of California aiming to protect consumers from toxic products by requiring warnings of exposure.
Healthy Brain All-Day Focus Concerns:
- Although customers have not mentioned side effects, the ingredients contained in this supplement could cause issues for some.
- One of the ingredients (undisclosed) can possibly cause reproductive harm or birth defects.
- Applied Nutrition have been sewed in the past for putting dangerous amounts of lead in a weight loss supplement. Can we be certain that Healthy Brain All-Day Focus is safe?
The company manufacturing Healthy Brain All-Day Focus, Applied Nutrition, has run into problems in the past regarding toxicology. In 2011, they marketed a weight loss supplement called Green Tea Fat Burner that was found to contain high levels of lead. The company changed the formula and was forced to pay a $2 million settlement in compensation.
What Does Healthy Brain All Day Focus Claim To Do?
According to the advertising, this supplement is suitable for all ages and works in three ways:
- Brain Booster 1: sharpens your mind for enhanced focus and concentration.
- Brain Booster 2: promotes memory and information retention while supplying powerful antioxidants compounds to help keep you at your best during all stages of life.
- Brain Booster 3: supports healthy brain chemistry and increases feelings of energy.
You are advised to try it for 25 days to see how you feel; “maximum results” will be experienced after at least three months of use.
There are no explanations about the ingredients or how the supplement works, and no real proof of effectiveness.
Does Healthy Brain All Day Focus Work?
There is no guarantee the supplement will work as advertised. Although it contains a range of ingredients commonly used in nootropics, the efficiency of many of these components has yet to be proven. The individual ingredients quantities are unknown and there is no way to know if they respect the recommended dosage. Even if several of those ingredients have been studied individually, this particular formula has never been clinically tested. That said, the general feedback is positive which means it may work for some people.
What Are The Ingredients of Healthy Brain All-Day Focus?
- Vitamin D: Known as the sunlight vitamin, it helps regulate calcium and maintains a healthy bone structure.
- Vitamin B12: Essential vitamin that cannot be produced by the body, it is important to maintain healthy blood cells, amongst other things. B12 deficiency is frequent, especially as people age. Common symptoms of B12 deficiency are depression and memory loss.
Brain Boosting Botanical Blend (485mg)
- Rhodiola Rosea Extract: Herbal extract similar to ginseng and a natural adaptogen – which means that it causes a general feeling of well-being. It seems to reduce fatigue and stress in animals, but there is no evidence of its effect on cognitive function.
- Gingko Biloba Extract: The Gingko Biloba is the oldest living species of tree and has been used for centuries in the traditional Chinese medicine. It is widely used to treat dementia and preventing cognitive decline.
- Turmeric Extract: Familiar to curry lovers, turmeric has distinctive yellow colour and seems effective to help treating inflammation. However, there is no documented evidence of its nootropic effects.
- Rosemary Extract: Medicinal herb used throughout the centuries in Europe to help with numerous conditions. It is high in antioxidants and could help protect brain cells.
- Club Moss: Chinese medicinal herb also known as Huperzine A. Some clinical testing has shown it may help improve memory.
Neuro Nutrient Blend (490mg)
- DMAE: Not to be confused with the stimulant DMAA, DMAE is a naturally present in the body and helps produce acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter important for a healthy brain.
- L-Theanine: Amino-acid found in tea, it is the component that gives a cup of tea this energising yet relaxing effect.
- CoQ 10: Also known as Coenzyme Q10, this substance is present in all cells. It is important for energy production and can enhance blood flow.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid: Antioxidant naturally found in the body. When taken as a supplement, it may help lower blood sugar levels and remove free radical cells.
- Phosphatidylcholine: Chemical naturally present in the body that is a precursor to acetylcholine – the brain‘s main neurotransmitter. Research has shown that it may help reduce symptoms of dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- Phosphatidylserine: Cheminal naturally created by the body; taken as a supplement, it can improve memory and thinking skills. Research has shown that it may help with dementia.
Does Healthy Brain All-Day Focus Have Any Side Effects?
Possible side effects include:
- Blurred vision
- Changes to saliva and urine
- Changes to blood pressure
- Mood swings
- Reproductive harm
- Birth defects
Stop use and consult your doctor if you experience any side effects.
Not suitable for individuals under 18.
Speak to your doctor first if you have an underlying medical condition or mental health issues.
Check with your doctor first if you are taking prescription medication to avoid unwanted interactions.
Avoid if pregnant, breast feeding or trying to conceive. Some ingredients can cause birth defects so this is very important.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Healthy Brain All-Day Focus?
Many customers left reviews on Amamzon USA. There is a range of opinions. Some customers are satisfied with the supplement but not all of them.
This man felt it helped his father:
I buy this for my father, it improves his memory. Works out great! I’ll keep buying this product, and highly recommend it.
This lady felt the pills were helping her get through the day:
This product helped me to stay focused and alert. In the hustle and bustle of the day, you can overload your brain and find yourself unable to stay focused. This product made up for the lack. Thank you.
“Love this stuff. Have been taking it for three months, it really has been helping me along with two shots of coconut oil.”
The supplement has not worked for everyone. Some people noticed no difference between taking and not taking, as this customer said:
Didn’t have any effect on me whatsoever.
One lady found that it did not work and also questioned the quantity of pills in the bottle:
I noticed no difference. Also, usage is 2 tablets daily and the bottle contains 50 tablets, which is enough for 25 days. Why not bottle for 30 days?
We think that it’s a good question!
Some customers have felt that it does do something, just not very much:
It works but it’s still disappointing. Wish it could be stronger. I still find myself drifting off from time to time while on these pills…
The good news is that nobody has mentioned side effects.
Does Healthy Brain All-Day Focus Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
There is no money-back guarantee on this supplement.
Where Can I Buy Healthy Brain All Day Focus?
You can buy Healthy Brain All-Day Focus directly from the Applied Nutrition website as well as from a range of retailers in the USA including Cardinal Health, Kerr Drug and Rite Aid. It is also available on Amazon USA and Amazon UK, and from some online retailers nutrition and supplement shops.