After a hard day’s training, there’s no better medicine for preserving your gains than a good night’s sleep. However, all too many of us know the pain of failing to reach sleep once your head hits the pillow, as you toss and turn the night away. To help these unfortunate souls, some supplement manufacturers have begun producing natural sleep aids, that supposedly bring all the benefits of sleeping pills without the addictive drawbacks.
Below we take an in-depth look into Jacked Factory Zen PM, to see whether this herbal sleep tonic is effective enough to stand out from the crowd.
Jacked Factory Zen PM Pros
- Could work well as a mild sleep and relaxation aid
- Very reasonably priced, especially when purchased from Amazon
- Full and comprehensive 90-day money-back guarantee
Jacked Factory Zen PM Cons
- Manufacturer is notorious for faking positive customer reviews
- With the fake reviews removed, customer reception is more mixed
- Does not appear to be a particularly strong and effective sleep aid
Consider using the Editor's top pick – CLICK HERE
Jacked Factory Zen PM Overview
What You Need To Know About Jacked Factory Zen PM
Jacked Factory Zen PM is a sleeping pill made up of natural ingredients. Unlike the regulated drugs found in more widely-known sleeping pills, the manufacturers claim that this herbal formula is non-habit forming and comes free from harsh side effects or withdrawal symptoms. The company promoting this product also appear to be so confident in their product that they offer a “hassle-free refund” for all dissatisfied customers (as long as the request is made within 90 days).
What Are The Side Effects Of Jacked Factory Zen PM?
As with most supplements, this product may cause occasional side effects.
The melatonin found in this herbal supplement can cause headaches, feelings of depression or sadness, persistent sleepiness dizziness, irritability, and stomach cramps. The high quantity of vitamin B6 found in each capsule may also cause flushing, brain and nerve problems, vomiting, loss of appetite, headaches, tingling, and sleepiness.
How Much Does Jacked Factory Zen PM Cost?
Jacked Factory Zen PM is surprisingly affordable when compared to similar products. A 30-capsule pack (which equates to a one-month supply) costs just $12.99 on Amazon. The same pack can also be purchased from the official Jacked Factory website, where it sells for the still-reasonable price of $19.99.
Our Verdict On Jacked Factory Zen PM
Herbal supplements should be regarded as inferior to the regulated drug market, and products like Zen PM show precisely why this is the case. This herbal sleeping aid is backed by an intriguing premise, claiming to deliver a calm feeling and restful sleep without the dependency seen with comparable sleeping pills. However, these statements have no basis in reality – the customer reviews we found were generally mixed, suggesting that this product only works for around half of all customers. If this product is effective enough for some customers, it is likely to be just as habit-forming as any other sleeping pill when over-used.
Despite the manufacturer’s claims, this product may also cause side effects, and is unlikely to offer any distinct exercise recovery effects.
Despite these clear drawbacks, we still are generally fans of Jacked Factory. The company offers an excellent money-back guarantee, and tends to offer reasonably well-formulated and affordable products. However, readers should know that the company appears to also routinely fake customer reviews, making their products appear to be more well-liked than they really are.
Overall, some customers may find something to like about this cheap and mild sleep/relaxation aid. However, we find its effects to be too inconsistent to really recommend.
We do not recommend Jacked Factory Zen PM to our readers.
The most popular consumer choice
in 2019 is iQ2
Containing ingredients that have been clinically tested and boasting a 30-day money-back guarantee, iQ2 has quickly risen to the top of the Nootropic world.
Find out more about why people are choosing iQ2 to achieve advanced brain performance, and why it is our editor’s top pick.
Read the Nootropic Watchdog iQ2 review here.
Jacked Factory Zen PM Key Features
Jacked Factory Zen PM is a herbal sleep aid that claims to deliver a restful night’s sleep whilst also improving muscle recovery. Zen PM offers the eye-catching benefit of being reportedly “non-habit forming”, which could be potentially very valuable for the many customers who want to avoid the threat of sleeping pill addiction when seeking out a better night’s sleep.
This product is produced and sold by Jacked Factory, an American supplement manufacturer that produces workout supplements, fat-burners, sleep aids, natural hormone support supplements, and more. This relatively new company appears to have been founded in 2015 as a trademark owned by a larger group called Nutra Holdings. Despite producing products with clear ingredient quantities and backed by a money-back guarantee, Jacked Factory appears to have a large habit for faking reviews on Amazon – their poor score on FakeSpot was one of the first things we noticed when googling the name! The company can be contacted via the details supplied on their official website.
How to Take Jacked Factory Zen PM
The directions for use are as follows:
- As a dietary supplement, consume 1 capsule with a glass of water on an empty stomach 35-45 minutes before bed.
Jacked Factory Zen PM Concerns:
- Amazon review section is plagued by fake reviews
- Many non-fake reviews complain that the product does not work well for them
- Contains nothing that will specifically aid exercise recovery
What Does Jacked Factory Zen PM Claim To Do?
Jacked Factory Zen PM is a natural sleep aid that claims to help customers fall asleep faster, sleep better and feel more refreshed upon waking. The unique selling point of this herbal tonic is that it is supposedly non-habit forming, and cannot be subject to a tolerance build-up or withdrawal symptoms like comparable drugs.
In addition, the manufacturers claim that Zen PM can make consumers feel calmer and more relaxed by boosting the “feel-good” neurotransmitter serotonin. Because of this, the product is said to be a good way of relieving anxiety and stress.
Finally, Jacked Factory also briefly mentions that Zen PM supposedly improves muscle recovery, although this is never really explained or referenced again.
Does Jacked Factory Zen PM Work?
This product contains a few ingredients which could deliver the advertised benefits. Melatonin is known to be able to treat insomnia, and it may also boost mood. L-theanine can also help to boost feelings of relaxation, and 5-HTP has often been linked with raising serotonin levels (which also boosts mood).
Despite these benefits, many customers have reported that this is a relatively weak sleep aid, and one that will not work for everyone. As for it being non-habit forming, this is likely to be a total falsehood – dependence on sleeping pills is often down to customers depending on them. If Zen PM works for you, it is likely to be just as addictive as any prescription sleep aid if not used carefully.
The final claim that this product aids exercise recovery is not at all related to the product’s ingredients and appears to be made up (unless you consider a well-rested sleep as the source of exercise recovery itself).
What Are The Ingredients of Jacked Factory Zen PM?
The ingredients found in Jacked Factory Zen PM are listed below. The quantities listed are correct for 1 capsule.
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl) 10mg (588% DV): Vitamin B6 has several important functions in the body, including ‘allowing the body to use and store energy from protein and carbohydrates in food’. Whilst taking excess amounts of vitamin B6 will not infinitely improve this ability, a deficiency could make it more difficult to lose weight. It may also have a small effect on mood. Supplementation is not always thought to be necessary, as vitamin B6 is naturally present in a wide variety of foods, including meat, cereals, bread, and vegetables. Source
- Magnesium (as Magnesium Citrate) 100mg (24% DV): Magnesium is required for a range of bodily processes, including energy production, protein synthesis, blood pressure regulation, and more. Source
- L-Theanine 200mg: This amino acid is found in green tea and may increase feelings of relaxation without drowsiness. It may also reduce the negative side effects of caffeine, although there is seemingly no clinical evidence to support this claim. Source
- 5-HTP (Hydroxytryptophan) (from Griffonia Simplicifolia Seed Extract) 150mg: 5HTP is used by the body to make serotonin, which primarily plays a role in regulating mood. Some studies, primarily in animals, have shown that 5HTP reduces the appetite, as well as boosting mood. Source
- Melatonin 5mg: A hormone that helps to regulate the body’s sleep cycle. It is used as a supplement to treat insomnia, and is also used to treat depression. The recommended nightly dose of Melatonin is between 0.5mg and 5 mg, starting at a lower dose and increasing it as needed. The elderly and those with insomnia appear to benefit the most from melatonin supplementation. Source
- BioPerine Black Pepper Fruit Extract 5mg: Piperine, extracted from Black pepper, is used for increasing the bioavailability of nutritional compounds. In other words, it increases the amounts of nutrients that are absorbed into the body in the digestive tract. It may also increase the absorption of various drugs, which may lead to potential side effects. Source
Does Jacked Factory Zen PM Have Any Side Effects?
Jacked Factory Zen PM may cause occasional side effects, most of which is directly related to its most active ingredient: melatonin.
Melatonin can cause some side effects including headache, short-term feelings of depression, daytime sleepiness, dizziness, stomach cramps, and irritability. Do not drive or use machinery for four to five hours after taking melatonin.
Another concern is that the formula uses a needlessly high dose of Vitamin B6 – although this ingredient is not thought to be harmful in normal circumstances, such a large quantity can cause flushing, brain and nerve problems, vomiting, loss of appetite, headaches, tingling, and sleepiness.
Not suitable for pregnant or breastfeeding women. Not suitable for anyone under the age of 18. If you are taking any medications or are unsure about the suitability of this supplement for you, consult your doctor before purchase.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Jacked Factory Zen PM?
Like most Jacked Factory products, the Amazon page for this product is filled to the brim with totally fake reviews and comments (more than half of the positive reviews were estimated to be fake by FakeSpot.com). Out of the remaining reviews, it seems that customers have split down the middle as to whether this product works, with some posting positive experiences and some posting negative. All in all, Zen PM appears to be far weaker than other comparable products.
Unfortunately after the first pill, I got extremely sick in the morning and I had to cancel all of my plans for the day because I could not leave the bathroom for the entire morning! I have not been this sick for years- if ever!
tried taking them for a week and have not noticed a difference!
I’ve tried melatonin by itself and it was always sort of hit or miss. Whatever the extra ingredients in Zen PM, I can affirm that it works dependably for falling asleep but the best thing about it, is that I always wake well-rested, clear-headed and ready for the day. I highly recommend Zen PM.
Another great product by Jacked Factory. This product helps me fall sleep and stay asleep during the night. Also gives a relaxed feeling. No groggy feeling wake up refreshed. Also non habit forming. Great for anyone, also helps with recovery.
Does Jacked Factory Zen PM Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
Jacked Factory offers a full 100% money-back guarantee on all products purchased from them for the first time (including on opened products). Products can be returned with 90 days for a full refund (less shipping and handling fees).
Where Can I Buy Jacked Factory Zen PM?
Jacked Factory Zen PM is available to buy from the official Jacked Factory website and on Amazon. When purchased from Amazon, a month’s supply costs just $12.99.
Jacked Factory Zen PM Rating
Price / Guarantee
The Nootropic Watchdog does not recommend Jacked Factory Zen PM.
Disclaimer: Our reviews and investigations are based on extensive research from the information publicly available to us and consumers at the time of first publishing the post. Information is based on our personal opinion and whilst we endeavour to ensure information is up-to-date, manufacturers do from time to time change their products and future research may disagree with our findings. If you feel any of the information is inaccurate, please contact us and we will review the information provided.