Lumonol Wisdom is a nootropic supplement designed to improve mental clarity, vitality and memory. It is aimed exclusively at the over 60s age group and the hope is that it will improve some of the negative effects of aging. This sounds very appealing but will Lumonol Wisdom really help you get back some of that youthful energy and vigour? We take an in-depth look at Lumonol Wisdom to find out.
Lumonol Wisdom comes from a US company called Avanse Nutraceuticals who specialise in nootropic supplements for all stages of life and the idea is that you take the supplement that’s right for you on a long term basis. You can buy Lumonol Wisdom as a one-off purchase and the company also offer auto ship as an option. Be warned, auto-ship may prove to be extremely hard to cancel.
Lumonol Wisdom is targeted at the over 60s age group and is supposed to improve mental performance, moods and memory. However there is no evidence it will work as described and you are more likely to experience side effects and drug interactions than you are positive benefits. Lumonol Wisdom comes from a tricksy looking operation called Avanse Nutraceuticals who have advertised a guarantee that does not exist. There are no contact details for this company and we would not advise you to sign up to their ’subscribe and save ‘auto ship program.
This supplement will interact with some prescription medication so it is important to speak to your doctor before you take it.
Lumonol Wisdom is expensive, especially as you are encouraged to take it every day and sign up for regular shipments (auto ship).
It is only available from the official Avanse Nutraceuticals website.
Three 60 ct bottles of Lumonol Wisdom cost $119.97 and comes with 3 free bottles of another supplement called Mental Clarity and Focus.
The price is reduced if you sign up for auto ship where fresh supplies are delivered to your door each month and your credit card or bank account billed automatically. This is called the “Subscribe and Save” option and costs $47.97 a month (including shipping).
We are not impressed with Lumonol Wisdom. This product is cynically targeted at the older age group and comes with lots of flashy advertising and pictures of lively-looking seniors but there is no proof it will work as described. In addition, it is highly likely to cause a range of potential side effects and it will interact with numerous prescription medications.
Avanse Nutraceuticals is a tricksy looking company. The advertised guarantee is nonexistent and the lack of any contact details such as a phone number or company address is worrying. If you do sign up to the “subscribe and save” auto-ship program, you could have a fight on your hands to cancel the contract. Forget the flashy advertising; in our opinion Lumonol Wisdom is certainly one that should be avoided.
Lumonol Wisdom Review
We are all living longer than in previous generations and today 60 is not even retirement age for many people. Despite this, many people notice a decline in mental abilities and energy levels and the feeling of not being able to keep up with the modern world.
Lumonol Wisdom is a supplement that claims to protect your brain against cognitive decline. It comprises of three formulas rolled into one, each with specific purpose. These are the Clarity Blend – which as the name suggests is aimed at improving mental clarity so you can be less distracted by things and concentrate what is important to you. There is the Vitality Blend, which is to improve general energy levels and feelings of wellbeing. The final component is the Memory Blend and if you have got to the stage in life where you regularly walk into a room and forget what you went there for, this part of the formula may be the most important.
Lumonol Wisdom contains ingredients such as Noopept – a synthetic molecule developed in Russia that provides a cognitive boost after taking. It works by introducing oxygen to the brain and improving the way that glucose is used. It contains Panax Ginseng which is well known worldwide as an Adaptogen meaning that it helps to produce general feelings of well-being.
How to Take Lumonol Wisdom
Instructions are not provided.
It contains herbal ingredients such as Gingko Biloba and Huperzine A, both which come with some evidence that they may improve and strengthen mental abilities. Ginkgo Biloba has been studied as a possible treatment for dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Huperzine A is derived from a Chinese plant extract, and may help increase acetyl choline levels. This is the brains most abundant chemical and is very important because it helps the nerves communicate in the brain and throughout the body.
Lumonol Wisdom Concerns:
- This cocktail of ingredients could cause a range of potentially dangerous side effects.
- If you sign up to auto-ship, it will probably be hard to cancel.
- Likely to be a big disappointment when it does not work as advertised.
Lumonol Wisdom comes from a company called Avanse Nutraceuticals who specialise in nootropic supplements. There is a range aimed at kids, for athletes and for general use aimed at students and people who need a boost for work. Worryingly, we cannot find anything out about Avanse Nutraceuticals such as a company address or any reference to this business that wasn’t written by the company itself. We combed through the Lumonol website too for any clues regarding the address of the company but could find nothing. There is no phone number either.
We are always suspicious of companies that hide their location so thoroughly. It usually means there is something to hide and the fact that Avanse are trying to get people to sign up to auto ship is a serious red flag. Auto-ship is where you agree to have fresh supplies of products delivered to your home each month and your credit card or debit card billed automatically. Without contact details, once you sign up for this, it will undoubtedly be very difficult to cancel.
What Does Lumonol Wisdom Claim To Do?
There are some dodgy and unproven claims made on the product website. It leads us to believe that Avanse Nutraceuticals do not really understand their target audience or the effects of the aging process.
According to the advertising Lumonol Wisdom is ‘engineered for minds over 60 years young’.
Lumonol Wisdom is described as ‘a breakthrough brain supplement that does more than just help protect precious memories’. This statement is unequivocally rubbish.
As anyone who has reached this stage or has ever spoken to an older person people, knows, long-term “precious” memories are rarely a problem for the aging brain. Any memory issues are far more likely to be concerned with what happened yesterday or where you put the car keys rather than what happened 40 years ago!
Overall Lumonol Wisdom claims to improve the following features.
- Clarity of Thought
- Increased Energy Levels
- Boosts Alertness
- Optimised Memory
- Fewer Distracting Thoughts
- Increased Memory
- Enhanced Focus
- Nervousness Reduction
- Sharpened Focus
The advert concludes with a picture of a plucky pensioner doing press ups and says,
There is no better feeling than the feeling of youthful vitality, mental wellness, and the confidence to keep up with the ever-increasing pace of the world. Benefit from Wisdom today from less than $1.35 a day.
Does Lumonol Wisdom Work?
Very unlikely. Lumonol Wisdom contains ingredients that have been clinically investigated as nootropics and although some of this research looks extremely promising there is no real evidence that Lumonol Wisdom will work as well as some clinical research suggests.
The ingredients contained in the supplement are unlikely to replicate testing conditions. The ingredients are lumped together in proprietary blend meaning it is impossible to even know if each one is in sufficient quantities to work. This combination of ingredients has never been tested and could cause side effects.
We would be cautious about using this supplement.
What Are The Ingredients of Lumonol Wisdom?
We cannot provide full ingredients information because without knowing the exact quantities it is impossible to assess. In addition nootropics are very new on the market and many lack any real information.
Serving size is equal to two capsules.
Clarity Blend (550 mg):
- Bacopa Leaf Extract: Plant extract may help reduce anxiety and improve memory function. It has an effect upon dopamine and serotonin systems and it also may help the formation of neurons. Usual serving size is 300 mg so serving size is inadequate here. In addition it can take up to 12 weeks for any effects to be noticed.
Acetyl L-Carnitine: Sometimes known as ALCAR, this amino acid helps the body produce and use energy and is vitally important for many body processes. There is evidence that it supports the neurons in the brain and improves the health of cells (mitochondria). It is known to have a stimulant effect but is not as effective as caffeine.
- CDP Choline: This is a nootropic compound that may help increase brain chemicals choline and uridine and is aimed at preventing or treating memory impairments associated with aging. However most clinical studies have been carried out rats so there is no evidence it will work for humans.
Vitality Blend (200 mg):
- Panax Ginseng: This well-known plant extract is an adaptogen, which means it provides a general boost to energy and well-being that is not easy to scientifically define. There can be side effects but given that millions of people take Ginseng on a daily basis, it is probably safe for most people.
- Oat Straw: Comes from green oats and a healthy addition to any diet. It may help reduce cholesterol and other physical benefits but is probably not very effective in small quantities and in supplement form.
Memory Blend (310 mg):
- Gingko Biloba: Originally used only in China as an important medicinal substance, these days this herbal extract derived from a tree is growing increasingly popular in the West. It may help prevent cognitive decline and is often taken by older people for this reason. It may help protect against anxiety and other mental health problems. However it can cause a range of potentially threatening side effects
- Huperzine A: Natural chemical derived from a Chinese plant called Club Moss but regarded as a drug by some people because it undergoes a lengthy manufacture process. Research suggests it is effective for a variety of brain conditions including memory loss, dementia and mild mental impairment.
- L-Theanine: Amino acid found only in the tea plant and the part that gives tea its unique, energising yet relaxing effects.
- Noopept: Heralded as a miracle by some people, Noopept is the brand name of a supplement and smart drug invented in Russia which is getting popular with students as a study aid. There are concerns about safety and there is very little information available about optimum serving sizes and the effects long-term use. However it is usually taken in higher quantities than here.
Does Lumonol Wisdom Have Any Side Effects?
Lumonol Wisdom does not come with any product information about side effects but with a blend of herbal ingredients, many which lack adequate evaluation, there could be risks to taking this supplement.
Huperzine A alone is known for causing a risk of effects, including:
- Blurred vision
- Upset stomach
Not suitable for individuals under 18 or women who may be pregnant or breast-feeding. Avoid if you have an underlying medical condition such as heart issues or blood pressure. Speak to your doctor first if you suffer from a medical condition or if you are taking prescription medication. Lumonol Wisdom may cause drug interactions or worsen medical conditions.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Lumonol Wisdom?
Avanse Nutraceuticals offer affiliate programs for third parties. This is where websites promote a company’s products in return for a percentage fee when a customer purchases something. So this means there are a lot of so-called independent websites out there trying to push Lumonol.
Less common are real life customer reviews from real independent buyers. We have not been able to find one honest review for this supplement.
Does Lumonol Wisdom Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
No. There is no guarantee for Lumonol Wisdom. Although a 90-day money back guarantee is advertised, the terms and conditions tell a different story. The 90-day money back guarantee covers only unopened bottles so it is not more than a standard returns policy. This is very tricksy in our opinion.
Where Can I Buy Lumonol Wisdom?
You can only buy Lumonol Wisdom from the official Avanse Nutraceuticals website. Be warned, the product information tries to push you into an auto-ship agreement.