MochaTonix is a nutritional supplement that you take as a drink by simply adding powder to hot water. It is available in cappuccino vanilla, chocolate and mocha flavours and according to the advertising, will increase cognitive ability, improve mood and help weight loss. It sounds great but will this supplement live up to the claims? Or could you just have an ordinary cup of cappuccino for the same effects and save your money?
We take a look at MochaTonix to find out.
MochaTonix is marketed as a weight-loss supplement but where it seems to score with customers is as an energy enhancer and pick me up. If you are looking for an energy drink that you can drink hot in a similar way to cappuccino or coffee, you may find that MochaTonix fits the bill.
MochaToix may cause several unpleasant and potentially dangerous side effects such as tachycardia, elevated blood pressure, headaches, nausea, upset stomach, and insomnia. It also increase the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
It is extremely expensive and in our opinion, you may do better just sticking to coffee or tea if you want to lose weight. Green tea especially is great for weight loss and health and has a more ’natural’ taste. Many customers have complained that MochaTonix tastes sickly sweet so these flavours are obviously not suiting everyone.
You may find that MochaTonix causes stimulant side effects. Not everyone likes feeling buzzed and it can be dangerous if you have a medical condition relating to heart or blood pressure. It is important to bear in mind that a medical condition may be undiagnosed so supplements like this can be risky for so-called fit and healthy people too.
On balance, we cannot recommend this supplement. It is not safe enough and it is expensive. Added to that it does not even seem to help you lose weight so unless you want to take it for an occasional boost of energy, there seems little point in taking it at all. It is an easy decision. We reject MochaTonix.
MochaTonix is a supplement in powdered form that you just add to water in order to make what is described as a nutritionally balanced drink. The powders are packaged in individual sachets, which you just add to hot water (or cold if required) and blend in a similar way to making an instant coffee, packet soup or hot chocolate. The idea is that it will perk you up in the morning with a boost to energy levels and mental performance. It is supposed to stimulate weight loss as well.
MochaTonix also contains vitamins and minerals plus some weight loss favourites such as the stimulant Guarana, Ginseng, Yerba Mate and more. In fact MochaTonix contains lots of stimulants so this supplement will not suit everyone.. You should avoid if you know you have an underlying medical condition, especially one related to heart or blood pressure.
How to Take MochaTonix
Dissolve 1 packet of powder in 8 fl oz of hot water and stir or blend. For optimum taste, mix in a blender. Add 8 fl oz of hot water to a blender. Start blender at slow speed and slowly add powder, mixing for 8–10 seconds. You can also be blended with 6 fl oz of cold water and 3–4 ice cubes for a refreshing cold drink. Mix until smooth.
One matter for concern is the inclusion of the branded supplement Advantra Z which contains synephrine a powerful stimulant. Synephrine is of concern because it can increase heart rate and blood pressure and it is linked with causing strokes and heart attacks.
- Can be dangerous for anyone who has issues with their heart or blodd pressure.
- May not be suitable for regular use.
- Contains high dose sof stimulants.
Although the MochaTonix advertising provides an ingredient list, frustratingly this is too small for anyone to read! In our opinion, this is a very tricksy and many people have complained about it. As a result, we cannot gauge the strength of the individual ingredients. Not good when some could have side effects.
What Does MochaTonix Claim To Do?
The product information explains,
MochaTonix provide key nutrients for optimal health, it also provides a pleasant boost of energy and stimulates weight loss. MochaTonix’s advanced formula features a patented ingredient, Advantra Z® that helps burn fat and increase physical performance…
According to the information,
MochaTonix is a powerful mental enhancer, delivering essential nutrients to the brain to support the normal synthesis of necessary noradrenaline, an important neurotransmitter, to promote alertness, concentration and clarity.
It helps to resupply critical amino acids and hormones that are lost because of busy schedules and overconsumption of caffeinated drinks.
This last point is a bit confusing. MochaTonix contains 270 mg of caffeine per serving which will also add to this “overconsumption of caffeine”
Does MochaTonix Work?
Many customers feel that MochaTonix does work in that it gives an energy lift. Many people have reported enhanced focus and stamina in a way that coffee does not provide. The stimulants obviously work, but it seems that the weight loss is irrelevant.
What Are The Ingredients of MochaTonix?
MochaTonix is a weight loss supplement and energy drink. It is in powder form that you add to hot (or cold) water and it is available in a choice of flavours.
Each serving is equal to one sachet and contains 60 calories and 8g of sugar.
- Advantra Z (300 mg): This trademarked supplement contains citrus extract chemicals synephrine, octopamine, and N-Methyltyramine plus Tyramine and Hordenine derived from barley. These are all stimulants that mimic the effects of the sympathetic nervous system so increase the stress response (flight or flee) as well as decrease appetite. Could cause potentially dangerous side effects.
- Proprietary Lipolyse and Thermogenic Support Blend (925 mg): Ingredients include guarana, green tea extract, Yerba Mate, all which contain caffeine so this part of the formula will add to the stimulant effect. According to the product information, each serving contains 270 mg of caffeine. The average cup of coffee contains around 100 mg. There is evidence that green tea extract which is high in antioxidants, combined with caffeine can promote weight loss. Yerba Mate may also be effective by acting as a natural fat blocker as well as a stimulant.
- Proprietary Noradrenalin Support Blend (1550 mg): Ingredients include L Phenylalanine, L Tyrosine, Taurine, Glycine. These are all different types of amino acid – the building blocks of life found in all types of life including the human body and plants. Over 20% of the body is composed of amino acids – many of which are made by the body itself. Phenylalanine appears to affect the chemical messengers in the body and is sometimes taken for ADDH. The other amino acids are believed to improve mental ability and alertness but require further evidence.
- Proprietary Herbal Adaptagen and Cognitive Support Blend (305 mg): Ingredients include Acetyl L Carnitine, Rhodiola Rosea, Ginger, Gingko Biloba, American Ginseng, Korean Ginseng, and Gotu Kola. All these ingredients are taken to improve mood and energy levels and are regarded as adaptogens, which means that they generally improve mood and well-being. There can be side effects.
Does MochaTonix Have Any Side Effects?
Although the product information does not provide any warnings regarding possible side effects, you may suffer an adverse reaction from taking this supplement. In fairness, very few customers have mentioned side effects but they could affect some people.
Potential side effects may include:
- Elevated blood pressure
- Upset stomach
For adult use only. Not suitable if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. Do not take if you are using MAOI drugs. Do not take if you suffer from phenylketonuria (product contains phenylanine). Consult a healthcare provider before using this product if you suffer from a medical condition or are currently using a prescription drug. Do not use this product if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For MochaTonix?
We found a few reviews online:
When I drink this, I am FOCUSED and energised. It gives me that extra stamina to get through a busy day or finish a project. It gives a boost that multiple cups of coffee has NEVER done for me. It is perfect for those days when I’m just utterly exhausted but have to get through one more shift (I work in the medical field). It also gives me that focus after a shift to finish all my charting in one go. It also enhances my mood and motivation.
Can’t go wrong with a hot chocolate drink that gives you lots of energy!
There is a funny aftertaste though, not too strong and bad…
I love the product, I just wish it was less sweet. It gives me a lot of energy in the morning, I mix only a half scoop in my coffee and it’s still very sweet so I add more hot water. The taste is pretty decent.
I use the recommended amount I feel way too buzzed so I reduce it to one teaspoon per 8 ounces of hot water. I feel the price is high for the amount (9 ounces=14 servings) but again, I reduce the amount I use and that makes the product more affordable. By using only 1 teaspoon per serving I get 84 servings per jar.
Does MochaTonix Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
MochaTonix is not covered by a money-back guarantee.
Where Can I Buy MochaTonix?
It can be bought from Shop Com, the official website, or from Amazon.