Nooshift is a nootropic supplement that claims to mentally kick you up a gear and help you realise your true potential! We could probably all benefit from that, but is this US-made supplement really as good as it is cracked up to be? We take an in-depth look at Nooshift to find out more.
Nooshift comes from Lift Nutraceuticals a US-based supplements company that deals exclusively online. Lift Nutraceuticals look to be a new company and sells only two supplements; Nooshift, sometimes referred to as Nooshift Mind Fuel, and Uplift Body, a supplement to increase vitality and fat burning.
- May work as described
- Comes with a money-back guarantee
- Contains clinically tested ingredients
- No independent customer feedback
- Only available from the official website
Watchdog Approved Nootropic
What You Need To Know About Nooshift
Nooshift is a nootropic supplement that may help increase neurotransmitter acetyl choline and so improve mental performance, moods and focus. The ingredients all come with some proof of efficacy and as they are in fairly low levels, side effects are unlikely to be an issue yet should be in sufficient quantities to work. Nooshift is covered by a guarantee so if you do run into problems with this supplement you should be able to get a refund.
What Are The Side Effects Of Nooshift?
Potential side effects may include: vomiting, nausea, abdominal pains, risk of miscarriage if taken while pregnant, diarrhoea, loss of appetite, sweating and high blood pressure.
If you do experience side effects, stop taking immediately and contact Lift Nutraceuticals for details on how to claim the money-back guarantee.
How Much Does Nooshift Cost?
Nooshift is a medium-priced supplement that at the time of writing is only available from the official website.
One bottle of 30 capsules (1 month’s supply) costs $47.97.
Two bottles (2 months supply) costs $84.97.
A 3-month supply costs $119.97.
Shipping is free to US addresses. Shipping outside the USA is a whopping $24.97.
Our Verdict On Nooshift
We are impressed with Nooshift. It is made in the USA in compliance with safety standards. It contains a blend of ingredients that looks relatively safe and all the ingredients comes with proof they will work. We think you will notice positive benefits from this supplement and in addition it is not overly expensive and comes with a money-back guarantee.
That said we have a couple of niggles such as the lack of customer feedback, the high shipping charges to non-US customers and the lack of a physical business address for Lift Nutraceuticals. However, we feel that these points are outweighed by the positive features.
In our opinion, Nooshift is one of the better nootropics we have seen and if you are looking for a safe and effective nootropic supplement, we think it is worth a try. We would certainly have no problem in taking it ourselves or recommending it to our friends.
Visit Official Website
Nooshift looks to be a new supplement on the market. We had not come across it before and according to the date on the website it was only launched in 2017.
We are often cautious of new products but Nooshift looks good at first glance, partly because it looks pretty safe and contains some good ingredients but also because it comes with an advertised money back guarantee which is valid for a year.
Nooshift contains three blended formulas for three different issues. There is the Focus blend which contains Ashwaganda and Alpha GPC and is supposed to help concentration and focus.
There is the Motivation blend which may have a stimulant effect although it is caffeine free. This contains taurine, an ingredient in Red Bull, plus Dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE).
How to Take Nooshift
Take one capsule a day when needed.
Some people can have a slight difficulty swallowing large capsules, so if you cannot physically swallow one, Nooshift is designed specifically to allow opening it up and mixing it with water. You’ll be experiencing the same effects as you would if you had swallowed the capsule, although you might cringe a bit at the bitter taste. You can try mixing Nooshift with a flavoured drink of your choice to offset the taste.
The final blend is the most interesting. The Advanced Memory Complex contains Noopept a brand name for a synthetic nootropic molecule first developed in Russia that works in a similar way to Piracatam only at a much lower dose. It also contains Phosphatidylserine and Huperzine A, both popular components in nootropics because there is evidence that they have proven benefits for brain health.
The final component of the mix is Uridine. This natural substance is present in some foods including yeast, tomatoes and broccoli and can help to increase acetylcholine levels in the brain as well as provide overall protection. According to the product information, it works well in combination with Noopept. We will delve into the ingredients more fully in the ingredients section of the review.
- We would have liked to see some independent customer reviews.
- Some people could experience side effects.
- You can only contact the company by email. No physical address or customer phone line.
Nooshift is made in the USA in a facility that conforms to GMP standards and although Lift Nutraceuticals is a purely online company with no address provided, you do seem to get some support from the company when you buy.
According to the product information, you will be contacted after 21 days with a questionnaire about your experience of taking the supplement and although this is probably done to gain positive feedback, it does give you a platform to air any concerns. We have not seen this done before and with a new product like this, it does provide some support.
If you are not satisfied, the company claim to refund purchase price for up to a year.
Lift Nutraceuticals also sell a sister product called Uplift Body which is designed to promote physical health and weight loss. You can take both Nooshift and Uplift Body in combination.
What Does Nooshift Claim To Do?
The Nooshift website is full of facts and diagrams, large fonts and a spacey background in some sections that is presumably meant to suggest brain chemicals. It is all a bit ‘in your face’ and it is quite difficult to read and take in the true facts.
However there are three key features.
- Focus Longer – Work Harder: Nooshift leverages anti-anxiety Nootropics to lower unconscious distractions that suck the life out of your focus levels. Go into a flow state on demand thanks to Ashwaganda laying down the support for hours of crisp, focused concentration.
- Develop Clarity, Learn Faster and Remember More: The Nootropics in Nooshift have shown to boost the Neurotransmitter responsible for brain clarity, learning and memory – Acetylcholine. In a study of people with memory complaints, Phosphatidylserine supplementing returned improvements to verbal recall, and in smarter people big boosts to learning ability and memory formation.
- Be ‘Smarter’: PS was supplemented in a double-blind trial over 14 days and was able to increase the speed of calculations (20%) and improve accuracy (13% more correct answers, 39% less wrong) despite not influencing mood state or fatigue.
Although these statistics are obviously drawn from clinical research, the sources are not provided.
According to the general information,
Supplementing nootropics is the surest way to optimising brain performance.
It also explains the role of neurotransmitters in the brain.
Our Neurotransmitters are the “brain chemicals” responsible for how happy, or how motivated or productive we are, how anxious we may feel, or how easily creativity flows to us. By ensuring you are receiving adequate levels of these nutrients (in the form of Nootropics); it is now possible to experience a “Noo You”.
Does Nooshift Work?
Nooshift may work but it is important to remember that research into nootropics is ongoing. That said, many of the ingredients in this supplement have purported benefits. The ingredient levels are not too high but should be in sufficient quantities to work.
Ashwaganda for example is known to reduce the stress hormone cortisol. Noopept and Uridine may help increase acetyl choline, a chemical that functions as a neurotransmitter and is important for arousal, attention, memory and motivation. Phosphatidylserine comes with developing evidence that plant-derived Phosphatidylserine improves memory in people with age-associated memory loss.
Compared to many nootropic supplements, the Nooshift ingredients profile looks safe. There are only a few ingredients but they all come with some clinical evidence. In addition side effects are unlikely to be too much of an issue.
What Are The Ingredients of Nooshift?
Each capsule is equal to one serving. We cannot provide a full ingredients profile because this supplement is divided into 3 proprietary blends.
Focus Matrix (144 mg)
- Ashwaganda: Also known as Withania somnifera, this traditional Indian medicinal plant seems to reduce the stress hormone cortisol and thereby reduce anxiety. However it requires further investigation into side effects and safety because it can cause side effects.
- Alpha GPC: Alpha Glycerol Phosphoryl Choline is a chemical derived from the breakdown of fatty acids in certain plants. It seems to help increase acetylcholine levels and is often included in supplements to increase cognitive ability and memory. The product information advises that it is a catalyser for Noopept so will improve this process.
Motivation Blend (135 mg)
- Taurine: Taurine is best known as an ingredient in Red Bull and was believed to help increase energy levels but these claims have been disproven. However more recent research suggests it may improve heart function. When combined with B vitamins it may improve thinking and reasoning skills.
- Dimethylaminoethanol: Also known as DMAE, this Choline compound is often used in anti-aging products. It seems to remove pigment that builds up in the brain as we age and may be effective for age-related memory loss. It requires further testing and evidence.
Advanced Memory Complex (239 mg)
- Noopept: Works in a similar way to piracatam but far more effective at a lower dose. Noopept (N-phenyl acetyl-L-prolylglycine ethyl ester) was invented in Russia as a nootropic drug and there is evidence it is effective for some conditions. It is often used as a study aid and it has been tested as a treatment for cerebral trauma. It may help increase acetyl choline in the brain so strengthens neurotransmitters. (Source)
- Huperzine A: Popular nootropic ingredient that may be effective for a variety of brain conditions including memory loss, dementia and mild mental impairment. Has undergone very positive clinical investigation.
- Phosphatidylserine: Chemical manufactured in the body and an important part of your cell structure. It is taken as a supplement form because it may improve memory and thinking skills. Research has shown it may help dementia sufferers. Can be derived from meat or plant sources. Not specified here. (Source)
- Uridine: Studies in human and animal models suggest that uridine may exert bioenergetic effects, such as increasing brain levels of the energy molecule adenosine triphosphate (ATP) and enhancing energy production from circulating glucose. It is being tested for numerous applications including as a way to improve dopamine levels and increase acetyl choline. (Source)
Does Nooshift Have Any Side Effects?
Nooshift may cause side effects. These will not affect everyone but may include:
- Abdominal pain
- Risk of miscarriage if taken while pregnant
- Loss of appetite
If you experience side effects, you should discontinue use.
Not suitable for individuals under 18. Avoid if you are pregnant, breast-feeding or trying to conceive. Speak to your doctor first if you have an underlying medical condition or are taking prescription medication in case of interactions.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Nooshift?
The only customer reviews we could find are posted on the Nooshift product page so they cannot be considered as being truly independent. In addition, the company does send out free samples in return for a positive review. This means that only positive reviews are on show.
Here’s an example left by one customer:
Nooshift rocks! Been taking it for nearly 2 weeks now and while I don’t normally bother sending feedback I wanted you to know that it really works. I’m doing programming at college and while there are “alternatives” offered on campus, they aren’t safe. You should look to promote Nooshift more to students as there is great demand for safe nootropics to help memorise all the coursework, without having to resort to illegally bought narcolepsy drugs!
Does Nooshift Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
There is a money back guarantee on offer and it looks very good. Here’s what the company have to say about it:
You have 365 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it. To be eligible for a return, you must send back any open/unopened bottles.
To help assist in returning your payment as quickly as possible, please email the company with your order number and return tracking number (they cannot be responsible for returns not received and with no tracking information).
Once Lift Nutraceuticals receive your returned bottles they will notify you. You will also be notified of the status of your refund. They will then initiate a refund via our Merchant Service provider – PayPal.
You will receive the credit within a certain number of days, depending on your card issuer’s policies.
You will need to contact the company to obtain the return address as this is not provided on the website.
Where Can I Buy Nooshift?
At the time of writing, Nooshift is only available from the official product website. However the company do ship worldwide so customers outside the USA can buy.