Below we take an in-depth look at Primal Herb Neuro Shroom, to see what benefits it offers consumers.
There are several ingredients found in Primal Herb Neuro Shroom that could potentially cause a range of side effects.
Primal Herb Neuro Shroom can be purchased from the official Primal Herb website. Here, a single bottle containing 4 oz. of product (89 servings) costs $42.95. Delivery is free.
The product is also available from Amazon, where it also costs $42.95 per bottle. Delivery charges may apply.
Primal Herb Neuro Shroom is an interesting nootropic supplement that primarily uses ingredients that are different types of mushroom. The main concern that we have about this supplement is that it appears to be under-dosed. Some of the mushroom extracts in the ingredients list are typically supplemented in doses of several grams or more per day, but in this supplement each dose contains less than half a gram of each mushroom.
The majority of the customer reviews are positive, but many do note that the benefits are subtle. If your expectations are too high, then this supplement is more likely to disappoint. Negative reviews come from consumers do not mention side effects, and generally state that they have not noticed any benefits from taking Neuro Shroom.
There is also some question about the clinical support behind some of the active ingredients. Reishi mushrooms have not been linked with cognitive benefits in studies, and Lion’s Mane could potentially work in people with dementia, but has never been studied for cognitive benefits in cognitively healthy consumers.
Primal Herb Neuro Shroom Review
Primal Herb Neuro Shroom contains a variety of mushrooms and fungi extracts, and is advertised as a nootropic supplement that will boost memory and provide cognitive support. The manufacturers also state that it will help to reduce mental fatigue and foggy thinking, reduce stress and depression, and may help to protect and regenerate nerves and nervous tissue.
It is a powder that will dissolve in drinks such as coffee, and has an earthy flavour that is generally well-received by reviewers of the supplement.
How to Take Primal Herb Neuro Shroom
Directions for use are as follows:
- Add 1/2 tsp to hot water, coffee, tea, or smoothie.
- Neuro Shroom can be taken day or night – with or without food, so enjoy!
- We recommend 1 – 2 times daily, but it’s important to listen to your body and make adjustments!
- BALANCE – RESTORE – OPTIMIZE!
Primal Herb Neuro Shroom is manufactured by Primal Herb, a company who are based in Las Vegas in the USA. The company can be contacted using the information provided on their official website.
Primal Herb Neuro Shroom Concerns:
- Low quantities of active ingredients- not very strong supplement
- Some potential side effects
- Some ingredients have no nootropic benefits
What Does Primal Herb Neuro Shroom Claim To Do?
The manufacturers provide the following description of the product’s benefits:
- Helps to Protect and regenerate nerves and nervous tissue*
- Helps Improve short-term memory*
- Helps Increase cognitive skills and problem-solving*
- Helps Reduce mental fatigue and foggy thinking*
- Helps Reduce stress and depression*
- FORMULATED TO SUPPORT ENERGY, MEMORY, AND MENTAL HEALTH*
- EACH INGREDIENT MUST HAVE HISTORICAL USE & INDEPENDENT STUDIES!
Does Primal Herb Neuro Shroom Work?
Some of the ingredients found in Primal Herb Neuro Shroom could help to improve various elements of cognition and memory. However, most of the active ingredients in Primal Herb Neuro Shroom are definitely not present in large enough quantities to offer maximum or optimal results. Bacopa, for example, is typically taken in daily doses of 300 mg, even when featured in a blend of other ingredients, but this supplement uses only 64 mg per daily serving. Reishi and Lion’s Mane are both usually supplemented in large doses of several grams or more per day.
Bacopa could improve memory, but its effects are initially very subtle, and build up over time with continued use of the supplement. Reishi may help to boost the immune system, as it appears to activate natural killer cells already present in the body; this could have health benefits, but if you have any auto-immune disorder or are undergoing any immune-suppressing therapy you should definitely not take Reishi in any form.
Lion’s Mane could help to improve cognition in the elderly with dementia, but has never been tested in cognitively healthy people. Cordyceps Militaris could theoretically help to reduce fatigue, but this has only been tested on physical fatigue in mice, and has not been tested in humans. Bioperine could increase the absorption of some compounds into the bloodstream, but not all.
Overall, Primal Herb Neuro Shroom appears to have at best a small effect upon fatigue and cognition, but the dosages used are too small for the product to live up to its full potential.
What Are The Ingredients of Primal Herb Neuro Shroom?
The ingredients found in Primal Herb Neuro Shroom are detailed below. The ingredient quantities provided are per serving of half a teaspoon (1.279 grams). Consumers can take up to two servings per day.
- Lion’s Mane (Hericium erinaceus) Extract 30% Polysaccharides 572 mg: Also known as Yamabushitake, this ingredient is a mushroom. It has only been studied once in humans when looking specifically at cognitive decline; the study found that taking 3 grams per day caused significant improvements on a rating scale of dementia in persons suffering from general cognitive decline. It has never been studied in cognitively healthy humans. Source
- Cordyceps Militaris Extract 30% polysaccharides 320 mg: One study in mice found that Cordyceps Militaris Extract was an “effective agent against fatigue” in forced running and forced swim tests. It has not been studied in humans. Another type of Cordyceps, Codyceps Sinensis, might have nootropic benefits and is far more commonly used in nootropic supplements. Source
- Cracked Shell Reishi Spore (Ganoderma lucidum) 256 mg: Reishi supplementation could help to activate Natural Killer Cells present in the body, which could help to boost the immune system. Studies also highlight that participants taking Reishi in studies report slight improvements in their subjective wellbeing (whilst being studied for other benefits). The mechanisms behind this are unknown, and it could be that the participants felt better overall because Reishi reduced other symptoms. Source
- Huperzia A Extract (from toothed clubmoss) (whole herb) 64 mg: Huperzine-A is found in Huperzia serrata, and is thought to be a cognitive enhancer. Previous studies have found it to be effective as a memory enhancer for adults suffering with Alzheimer’s or dementia. Because of the relatively long half-life of this compound, its use should be cycled, with breaks in usage every few weeks. Source
- Bacopa (Bacopa Monnieri) Extract (Leaf) (standardized to contains 20% bacosides 64 mg: Used to reduce anxiety, improve memory, and seems to have a minor ability to treat depression, making it a general mild mood booster. The effects can take time to achieve a noticeable level, as the effects appear to accumulate with repeated use. Source
- Black Pepper Fruit Extract (Piper Nigrum) (Yielding 10% Piperine) 3 mg: black pepper extract contains piperine, which increases the bioavailability of some compounds and medications, including caffeine, increasing their absorption rate. This makes them more effective, but also increases the chances of accidental overdose and the potential for side effects. Source
Does Primal Herb Neuro Shroom Have Any Side Effects?
There are several ingredients found in Primal Herb Neuro Shroom that could potentially cause a range of side effects. The quantities of several ingredients appear to be quite low, which should lower the chances of side effects occurring.
Lion’s Mane Mushroom can cause mild stomach discomfort, and could lower blood sugar levels.
Huperzine A can cause a range of side effects including digestive issues, stomach issues, blurred vision, loss of appetite, sweating, cramping, high blood pressure, and other issues. The likelihood of side effects occurring increases when the supplement is taken for a prolonged period of time, and cycling the product (with a break in use every four weeks or so) is recommended to reduce the chances of side effects occurring.
Studies have shown that Bacopa leaf, also known as Bacopin, causes upset stomachs in participants much more than placebos. This has led to the recommendation that this ingredient be taken with a meal, rather than on an empty stomach, as this will minimize the chances of getting an upset stomach. It may also may cause nausea, cramping, bloating, and diarrhoea.
Bioperine increases the absorption of some compounds and drugs, increasing the chances of side effects caused by the other compounds, including caffeine. It can also increase the chances of accidental overdose, so if you are taking any prescription medications, check with your doctor that a supplement containing bioperine is suitable for you.
If you suffer from an autoimmune disease do not use Reishi (Ganoderma Lucidum); increasing the potency of your immune system is a bad idea if your immune system is attacking you. Do not use Reishi if on immunosuppressant therapy in accordance with an autoimmune disease, it is possible Reishi could negate or hinder the immunosuppressant therapy.
Not suitable for pregnant or breastfeeding women. Not suitable for anyone under the age of 18. Consult with a health care practitioner before taking this or any nutritional supplement if you have or suspect a medical condition or if you are taking any medications, whether over the counter or prescription.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Primal Herb Neuro Shroom?
Customer reviews for Primal Herb Neuro Shroom are generally very positive. Most of the few reviews with low star ratings are written by customers who have only taken the product for several days, and who have not noticed any results yet. Customers leaving positive reviews note that the effect is subtle, but definitely there.
Not sure how well it works but does mix well with coffee
Rich, dark flavor, and not too mushroomy. Goes well with black tea if you’re looking for a non coffee hot morning beverage. Leaves you feeling more alert and energized without that jittery, over caffienated feeling. Would recommend to anyone who’s looking for a clean energy boost.
This is an interesting product. The effect is so subtle, that I’m not sure it’s working, until I realize that I’m actually accomplishing tasks in a timely manner. It doesn’t make me feel high, or extra alert or hyper. Just helps lift the fog and concentrate on the task at hand.
This was my re-order. I re-ordered this product because I strongly believe it works. At 71, when I find something that offers memory and cognitive support I will stay with it. I use the product at least once per day in hot tea and often times twice per day. I truly notice that my recall is quicker than it used to be.
Mushrooms are for everyone. This product is superb. I add it to my coffee in the morning. It helps to prime my brain for the day. No jitters or feeling out of control. You can think clearly and concentrate on the task at hand. At night I drink this as a tea with honey before reading and can still get to sleep without issue. The health benefits alone of mushrooms are enough reason to get this product.
I originally bought this product because it contains reishi mushroom and the seller I used to buy from is out of stock. I use reishi mushrooms for dream practice and sometimes meditation sessions. This mixture is awesome I take some before going to bed and it definitely enhances my dream recall, but it also allows me to wake up refreshed. I’ve had this stuff for over a month and I can definitely see the cognitive effects as well. I would highly recommend this to anyone.
Call it placebo effect, but i definitely feel calmer and “happier” when I take this. I think the calming may be from the reishi mushrooms. Don’t take medical advice from me. But I am weaning off an SSRI antidepressant very slowly and it seems to take the ‘brunt’ off the withdrawal headaches. I feel a difference when I don’t take it. I started off my half teaspoon in my coffee to one teaspoon once daily but may up it to twice daily.
Does Primal Herb Neuro Shroom Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
The manufacturers of Primal Herb Neuro Shroom offer a money back guarantee, which lasts for a full year from the date of purchase. They claim that they can offer this because their refund rate is so low, due to the high quality of their products.
“Customers may return or exchange any opened or unopened product. When accompanied by a receipt or packing slip, the customer will receive the refund in the original form of payment. Without a receipt or packing slip, the customer will receive a gift card or merchandise credit for the current selling price. Primal Herb LLC reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to reject any return that does not comply with these requirements or in cases where it suspects abuse.
Please contact us with the order number describing the issue at Support@PrimalHerb.com
After submitting, we will process the request and email a confirmation once complete.
Get a Refund – A refund will be issued by the next business day.
If you need to contact us anytime, please don’t hesitate – Support@PrimalHerb.com
Primal Herb LLC,
7260 W Azure Dr, Ste 140-745
Las Vegas, NV 89130 USA”
The returns policies of third party retailers may vary.
Where Can I Buy Primal Herb Neuro Shroom?
Primal Herb Neuro Shroom can be purchased from the official Primal Herb website. Here a single bottle containing 4 oz. of product (89 servings) costs $42.95. Delivery is free.
The product is also available from Amazon, where it also costs $42.95 per bottle. Delivery charges may apply.