Provasil is an all natural memory and focus enhancer so if you feel that your brain is not as sharp as it once was, you may be tempted to try this supplement. It looks impressive but some users have been critical, saying the supplement is not really effective.
We take an in depth look at Provasil to find out more.
Provasil is a nootropic supplement that may provide some support to the brain. However, ingredients are in too low quantities to produce any effect and there is very little positive feedback. Provasil looks safe and side effects are unlikely but it is unlikely to work as described. In our opinion this supplement is massively overpriced and there are better alternatives elsewhere on the market.
Provasil is expensive. Price will vary depending on where you buy it but on average, a bottle containing 60 capsules will cost between $49.95 and $63.95. When purchased from the official website, some deals are available such as four bottles for $149.95 or six bottles for $249.75.
Provasil looks okay but we would expect better for such price. The ingredients profile looks reasonable but quantities seem too low to be effective. We cannot see that this supplement will have a noticeable effect and although it may help promote future brain health, this is going to be impossible to prove one way or another. We like that Provisol looks safe for most people and we like some of the ingredients. The bottom line is that it is just not good enough to justify the price tag. We think it is overpriced so recommend you to save your money and choose something cheaper and better.
Brain boosting supplements are becoming increasingly popular among all sections of people and although in most cases they all contain many of the same sorts of ingredients, the advertising can vary depending on whom is being targeted by the company.
Provasil is a nootropic supplement on sale in the USA that seems to be aimed at predominantly at seniors, a demographic group which has taken to nootropic supplements in a big way. After all as we age, we often find that mental performance may not be quite as good as it once was so anything that looks to improve this situation is going to be tempting.
In addition once you hit senior age yourself you will undoubtedly already have had to face the experience of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease with someone close to you , so your own brain health suddenly becomes a lot more important and real.
Provasil contains a range of ingredients that may help brain health. These include Vitamin C, Folic Acid and B vitamins as well as amino acids, Acetyl l Carnitine and l Tyrosine that can help boost alertness and other cognitive benefits. It contains Omega 3 fatty acid Docosahexaenoic Acid derived from fish oil.
Provasil also contains Choline Bitartrate – which may help the production of acetylcholine- a key neurotransmitter and organic chemical that is crucial for brain function because it sends chemical signals to other cells.
How to Take Provasil
The recommended daily dose is 1-2 tablets daily and it is not advisable to take Provasil on an empty stomach. For maximum cognitive energy enhancement, take 1-2 tablets in the morning with a meal or snack. For those that need more focus and mental clarity later in the day, we advise taking 1-2 tablets in the afternoon with a meal or snack.
In addition Provasil contains some ingredients which are currently undergoing extensive research such as Phosphatidylcholine– a chemical that is getting a lot of attention at the moment for its potential ability to clear away fat deposits or plaque in the brain – believed to be a contributory factor to Alzheimer’s.
Other ingredients include herbal extracts such as Panax Ginseng, Bacopa and Resveratrol – an antioxidant compound found in the skins of red grape.
Overall the ingredients profile looks reasonably good. The ingredient quantities are provided (although you do have to search the website) and this supplement looks unlikely to cause too many adverse effects. Provasil is a USA manufactured supplement that according to the product information is produced in an FDA inspected facility that complies with good manufacturing practice (cGMP).
- Could deliver false hope
- Very expensive supplement
- Although there is evidence that some of the ingredients may help mental functioning, low quantities contained in the supplement may make it ineffective.
The label stated that this supplement comes from a company called Cognetix Labs. This is not the same company as Utah based Cognetix Inc a research company listed on Bloomberg.
In fact there is zero background information to Cognetix Labs. However the business is operated by a company called iHealth Fulfillment which appear to be a third party company operating the website, shipment of supplements, customer care and everything else. The customer care operatives on the product website are helpful but are not experts in supplements.
The customer is encouraged to buy supplements in bulk –such as 6 months supply which is worrying. However there does not appear to be any auto shipping going on.
What Does Provasil Claim To Do?
According to the advertising, “Provasil is The All-Natural Brain Support Supplement That Can Help You Regain Your Mental Edge and Bring Things Back into Focus!”
The key features are that Provasil will:
- Improve your ability to retain and recall various kinds of information
- Boost your capacity to focus on various tasks, including detail-oriented ones
- Help lessen the frequency of episodes of forgetfulness and brain fog
- Make you feel more mentally alert so you can think clearly and effortlessly
- Give your brain the compounds it needs to keep your mind bright, clever, and strong
- Best of all, there are no worries about side effects or the potential risks that all
According to the product information there are “thousands of satisfied customers” however there is no proof that this is true or that any of the ingredients have scientific proof that they work. The Provasil formula has never been tested. We could only find nine independent customer reviews.
Does Provasil Work?
It is important to bear in mind that sometimes a supplement may be doing you some good but you don’t really feel any different. After all millions of people take vitamin supplements on a daily basis in the knowledge they are boosting health and resistance. Most people do not even question this.
In our opinion you may get a slight beneficial effect with Provasil but we think it is unlikely that you will notice any real difference in your mental performance as advertised. The problem is that research is in such early stages for nootropics many of the ingredients lack real evidence or information regarding efficacy and serving sizes. It is all a little bit hit and miss, especially when it comes to supplements like this with large ingredient profiles.
We searched for the thousands of satisfied customers as mentioned in the advertising but this was an exaggeration. Provasil is sold via Amazon but at the time of writing only 9 people had bothered writing a review and most of these were extremely negative saying that they could not tell the difference between taking it and not taking it.
What Are The Ingredients of Provasil?
Two capsules are equal to one serving.
- Vitamin C: Immune-boosting vitamin and important for all physical functions including brain health. This important vitamin has numerous functions. Some research suggests that long term use of vitamin C (in diet rather than supplements) may help protect against Alzheimer’s disease.
- Folic Acid: As the product information states Folate deficiency is common in adults aged over 50 and is associated with high levels of homocysteine – a brain damaging amino acid compound associated with the development of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Vitamin b 12 (300mcg): Essential vitamin that boosts mood and concentration.
- Biotin: One of the eight “B” vitamins, biotin is found in various animal and plant products, including liver, bananas, and nuts. Good for general brain health.
- Choline Bitartrate: According to experts choline bitartrate does have benefits for the body, especially the liver but may not increase acetylcholine levels in the brain very reliably. Serving size here is probably inadequate.
- L-Tyrosine: Amino acid present in foods such as meat and cheese that is synthesised by the body to produce a chemical in the body called L-DOPA which then goes on to manufacture dopamine. Research suggests that taking 150mg will improve alertness after missing a night’s sleep for around three hours.
- N Acetyl L-Carnitine: Amino acid that can be effective for some medical conditions including depression and elderly memory loss.
- Bacopa: Plant extract may help reduce anxiety and improve memory function. It has an effect upon dopamine and serotonin systems and it also may help the formation of neurons. Usual serving size is 300mg so serving size is inadequate here. In addition it can take up to 12 weeks for any effects to be noticed.
- Gingko Biloba: Herbal extract that increases blood flow to the brain. Gingko is the oldest living species of tree and is widely used as a treatment for dementia. It can cause side effects.
- Phosphatidylserine: Chemical manufactured in the body and an important part of your cell structure. It is taken as a supplement form because it may improve memory and thinking skills. In some clinical trials those who took phosphatidylserine showed improvements in concentration, learning, and memory tasks such as recognizing faces and remembering telephone numbers.
- Glutamine: Amino-acid that the body needs but decreases with age. May help memory function.
- Phosphatidylcholine: Current research is in early stages but phosphatidyholine, an amino-acid may help break down fat deposits in the brain. Phosphatidylcholine may help increase acetylcholine levels in the brain. Requires further research regarding serving sizes and evidence.
- Panax Ginseng: Natural herbal extract taken by millions of people because of its ability to improve general feelings of well being. Here in low dose – most usually delivered in servings between 200mg and 400mg.
- Resveratrol: Antioxidant compound found in red wine (and other natural compounds) that may have an anti ageing effect.
- Docosahexaenoic Acid: More commonly known as DHA, this omega-3 fatty acid naturally occurs in only a few foods, most notably oily fish. Inadequate levels of DHA are associated with mental decline.
Does Provasil Have Any Side Effects?
Potential side effects may include:
- Increased heart rate and blood pressure
Not suitable for individuals under 18. Avoid if pregnant or breast feeding. Speak to your doctor first if you are undergoing any other treatment or taking prescription medication in case of interactions.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Provasil?
Most of the comments are not very positive.
Been taking it for three months now and have not experienced any change whatsoever. I have to shop in eight different grocery stores and thought the real test would be helping me remember what products are in what aisles. Didn’t help even in the slightest. The real irony was when I sat down to write this review, I had to go back to the cupboard and look at the bottle because I couldn’t remember the name of the product! Pure waste of money!
This product is complete crap. It really provides false hope… I want complete refund…
Not impressed one bit with Provasil. Only noticed a slight increase of energy. But no dent much at all on the brain boosting. Very disappointed in this product… Save your money on this one…
Excellent for any reason you need to take for mental health. You feel it’s working because you seem and are more mentally alert than before you took the capsules…
Does Provasil Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
There is a 60-day money-back guarantee if you buy directly from the product website.
Here’s what the advertising has to say about it:
… if for any reason you are not completely satisfied, simply contact us within 60 days of your purchase date and return the remaining portion of your bottle of Provasil and you will receive a prompt 100% refund of the product’s purchase price.
Before you claim your refund, you must contact the customer service and obtain a RAN or the guarantee will not be honoured.
Where Can I Buy Provasil?
You can only buy Provasil online from the official webiste or Amazon. It is not available in stores.