Rockstar Sleepy Gal is a sleep aid supplement targeted specifically at women. It claims it uses natural herbals and botanicals to help the body to eschew feelings of stress caused by Cortisol.
In this review, we investigate this supplement closely to see if it is as good as it claims to be, or whether a cup of good chamomile tea is more likely to work. Keep on reading to see our findings!
Rockstar Sleepy Gal Pros
- Contains lavender and valerian root
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Rockstar Sleepy Gal Cons
- No reason why it should be aimed at women
- Contains some ineffective ingredients
- Contains a proprietary blend
- Very similar ingredients to other Rockstar products – do they all do the same thing?
Consider using the consumer #1 rated Nootropic – CLICK HERE
Rockstar Sleepy Gal Overview
What You Need To Know About Rockstar Sleepy Gal
Rockstar Sleepy Gal is a female-targeted sleep aid, designed to help the user have a sound, deep, and restful sleep each night. It contains a long list of ingredients, including lavender flower extract and valerian root extract which are known to help promote a good night’s sleep.
The brand may use the name ‘Rockstar’ and have a very similar logo, but it is not connected in any way to the popular energy drink brand.
What Are The Side Effects Of Rockstar Sleepy Gal?
Some of the ingredients have some side effects such as hoodia, which can cause strange skin sensations, raised blood pressure and heart rate, and vomiting. In high doses of alpha lipoic acid, there may be incidents of liver problems, and it can decrease blood sugar levels.
Valerian root can cause a headache, stomach upset, mental dullness, excitability, uneasiness, heart disturbances, and even insomnia in some people – the complete opposite of what this product is trying to achieve. A few people feel sluggish in the morning after taking valerian, especially at higher doses. Some people experience dry mouth or vivid dreams.
How Much Does Rockstar Sleepy Gal Cost?
On both Amazon and the official Rockstar website, the product costs $32.81. The bottle contains 60 capsules, which, if taken as directed, should last the user for two months.
Our Verdict On Rockstar Sleepy Gal
The fact that it contains a proprietary blend, is a big no-no to us, as our experience tells us that the quantities of the ingredients just are not high enough to be of any use. The ingredients list is almost identical to their other products, so we suspect they just purchase the ingredients in bulk, and just change the amounts around, passing them off as different products. The ingredients in this one are the same as the Skinny PM product – a weight loss one. Why would you use the same products in a sleep aid as a weight loss one?
There’s a lack of reviews of the supplement, and one mentions a ‘free bottle’. We know that in the past, Rockstar has sent out free bottles of products in return for reviews, which can be an incentive for fake reviews.
We also believe that they are trying to jump on the popularity of the popular Rockstar energy drink brand, which can be misleading for customers.
With this in mind, we do not recommend Rockstar Sleepy Gal to our readers.
The most popular consumer choice
in 2020 is OmniMind
Containing ingredients that have been clinically tested and boasting a 30-day money-back guarantee, OmniMind is quickly rising to the top of the nootropic world.
Find out why people are choosing OmniMind to achieve advanced brain performance, and why it's our editor's top pick.
Read the Nootropic Watchdog OmniMind review here.
Rockstar Sleepy Gal Key Features
Rockstar Sleepy Gal is a sleep aid pill aimed at women. It contains a long list of ingredients, many of which are hidden within a proprietary blend. It contains some popular sleep enhancing ingredients, such as lavender and valerian root.
The Rockstar name is most well known as an energy drinks brand, and due to the logo, name, and advertising style, it would be very easy to think the two are affiliated somehow. It isn’t, although we think that this is what Rockstar LLC, who are based in Wyoming, would like people to think.
How to Take Rockstar Sleepy Gal
Take one capsule every day before a meal. For use strictly by healthy adults.
Rockstar Sleepy Gal Concerns:
- Potentially taking advantage of another companies success
- Appear to have offered free products in return for reviews in the past
- Very few reviews of the product
What Does Rockstar Sleepy Gal Claim To Do?
This is taken from the Rockstar website:
- Sleepy Gal will lend you feelings of calm while you drift-off into a peaceful healthy sleep and wake up refreshed.
- You’ll get back on schedule with deep, restful sleep minus the side effects of harsh prescription alternatives.
- Rockstar Sleepy Gal is the natural answer to your sleep problems and you’ll enjoy the best sleep of your life.
- Rockstar Sleepy Gal uses natural herbals and botanicals to help the body to eschew feelings of stress caused by Cortisol, eliminate stress and worry, and achieve a state of healthy relaxation.
Does Rockstar Sleepy Gal Work?
As many of the ingredients are in a proprietary blend, we cannot say for sure whether the quantities are dosed high enough to make it work. Some of the ingredients that do have the quantities listed, such as lavender and valerian root, are known to aid sleep, and ashwagandha helps lower stress levels, which may help sleep.
What Are The Ingredients of Rockstar Sleepy Gal?
- Lavender flower extract (30,000 mcg): Lavender essential oil has been proven to improve sleep quality. Studies have shown a direct correlation between healthy sleep patterns and weight loss.
- Valerian Root (15,000 mcg): Valerian root is most commonly used to treat sleep disorders, anxiety, and stress. It does have quite a few side effects, which we have discussed further in the side effects tab.
- Beetroot powder (10,000 mcg): This is rich in antioxidants, dietary fiber, calcium, iron, potassium, folate, and manganese, along with other nutrients. Perhaps most remarkably, beetroot is naturally rich in nitrate, compounds that can improve blood flow and lower blood pressure, leading to notable health benefits.
- Biotin (10,000 mcg): The benefits of biotin are thought to include supporting a healthy metabolism, helping balance blood sugar levels and improving glucose intolerance. Along with these, it leads to better cognitive, cardiovascular, thyroid, and adrenal functions.
- Ashwagandha powder (5,000 mcg): It is thought that this lowers cortisol levels in the brain and body. Cortisol is a hormone produced during moments of stress, which has been associated with increased weight gain, and making weight loss more difficult.
Proprietary blend (240 mg)
- Schizandra berry powder: Schizandra is a plant. The fruit is used as food and also to make medicine. It is used as an adaptogen for increasing resistance to disease and stress, increasing energy, and increasing physical performance and endurance.
- Turmeric powder: This is a well known and popular cooking spice, with lots of health benefits.
- Peppermint leaf: Known to be an effective digestion aid, with many choosing to consume peppermint tea to relieve cramping, gas, and bloating associated with IBS and food allergies.
- Ginkgo Biloba powder: This appears to improve circulation, and may help to kill bacteria in the body that could cause infections, although it is used as a herbal remedy to treat a range of problems.
- African Mango Extract: This may have some weight loss benefits due to its high fibre content. It promotes the production of leptin – the hormone that controls the feeling of fullness and satiety. One of the side effects in high doses is a lack of sleep!
- Milk Thistle powder: This has been claimed to help for almost everything, from the reduction of inflammation to liver disease and cancer. This is due to a natural chemical called Silymarin, an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Although it looks good, research has yet to prove the early claims. Milk Thistle is a laxative and does mimic the hormone oestrogen in the body.
- Bacopa Monnieri: Bacopa Monnieri is a herb native to wetlands and is particularly prevalent in Asia where it is known as a medicinal ingredient. It is often used in nootropic supplements because it may help improve memory.
- Raspberry Ketones: A popular ingredient in weight loss products, despite having no scientific evidence in humans to support its efficiency. In rats, it was shown to affect adiponectin – the hormone that controls appetite and fat burning.
- Garcinia Cambogia: This is an African fruit with a sour taste. It is high in HCA, which is thought to work as a carb blocker. It prevents a digestive enzyme called alpha amylase from breaking down carbohydrates into fat. It is a popular ingredient to have in a weight loss supplement but we are unsure why it would be in a sleep supplement.
- Elderberry Extract: This ingredient is rich in anthocyanins and antioxidants, and can improve carbohydrate metabolism and reduce body fat.
- Artichoke: This is said to stimulate the flow of bile from the liver, which is why it is used to treat heartburn and lower blood sugar. Whilst it is used in a variety of settings, there is little evidence to show it is effective. It may aid digestion and increase urine flow, so it may have some benefits for weight loss by reducing water retention and having a slight laxative effect.
- Dandelion Root Powder: This plant is mainly used as a diuretic and laxative, although there is little evidence in human trials that it is effective. Very limited trials on animals have suggested that dandelion supplements may have other miscellaneous effects such as easing digestion and protecting the pancreas, although further research is needed.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid: Highly involved in energy metabolism and supports the health of most organs of the body. Found in meat, it is thought to be an anti-ager as it is antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Doses of up to 300 mg daily have been used safely (this contains more than three times that!). It can be very toxic to the liver in higher doses and it does not agree with some medications.
- Jujube extract: The extracts of jujube fruit can help in weight control and boost the immune system. It can also fight anxiety, stress, and depression, as well as help in increased blood flow. The other benefits offered by jujube fruit extract include detoxification of blood, improved skin health and improved digestion.
- L-glutamine: This is an essential amino acid, which is a building block of protein. It is the most abundant free amino acid in the body, and is produced in the muscles and distributed where it is needed via the circulatory system. Supplementation can only help to build muscle in limited circumstances, as most people enjoy sufficient stocks of glutamine from their regular diet.
- Hoodia Gordonii: This is a cactus extract that was extremely popular a few years ago for its supposed weight loss miracle qualities. However, this has since been discredited and is more known for its side effects (see the side effects tab for more details)
- Black Raspberry: This may contain chemicals that can help to prevent cancer by preventing changes to DNA and blocking the blood supply to tumours.
- Inositol Powder: Inositol is a vitamin-like substance. It is found in many plants and animals. It is also produced in the human body and can be made in a laboratory. It is taken for many conditions.
Does Rockstar Sleepy Gal Have Any Side Effects?
Hoodia can cause raised blood pressure and increased heart rate, and vomiting.
High doses of alpha lipoic acid, which this contains, may cause liver problems, and it can decrease blood sugar levels.
Valerian root can cause a headache, stomach upset, mental dullness, excitability, uneasiness, heart disturbances, and even insomnia in some people. A few people feel sluggish in the morning after taking valerian, especially at higher doses. Some people experience dry mouth or vivid dreams. African mango, in high doses, can cause dry mouth, lack of sleep, and headaches.
Do not exceed the recommended dosage. Pregnant or nursing mothers, children under the age of 18, and individuals with known medical conditions should consult a physician before using this or any other dietary supplement. Keep out of the reach of children. Do not use if the safety seal is damaged or missing. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not consume with other medications that may have an effect on blood pressure.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Rockstar Sleepy Gal?
There are just 4 reviews on Amazon, most of which are positive. One mentions trying a free bottle, which makes us wonder if they are offering free bottles in return for reviews
Does Rockstar Sleepy Gal Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
There is a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Where Can I Buy Rockstar Sleepy Gal?
You can purchase it from the official Rockstar website or from Amazon.
How does Rockstar Sleepy Gal compare to OmniMind?
|Clinically Proven Ingredients
|Side Effect Free
|Positive Customer Reviews