Vasayo is a direct marketing company based in Utah and Hong Kong. Direct Marketing, often known as Multi Level Marketing (MLM) is a sales model that recruits “ordinary people” to sell to friends and their own social network. This means if you like the supplement range you can sell it yourself!
Vasayo Microlife Neuro is a nootropic supplement on sale from a relatively new US MLM company called Vasayo. The supplement contains some reasonably good ingredients, but lacks adequate ingredients information and seems to be too low powered to be effective. In our opinion this supplement is overpriced and unlikely to work as described.
All supplements sold via MLM are expensive and Microlife Neuro is no exception.
It is also on sale via Amazon USA where it costs around $38.00 from a range of sellers who are presumably Vasayo distributors.
We are not very impressed by Microlife Neuro. This supplement contains some popular nootropic ingredients, but quantities are likely to be ineffective so will not match the claims which are based on clinical testing where quantities were much higher. In addition, this supplement may cause a range of side effects. Perhaps the risk of these will be minimised by the low quantities but we are not qualified to pass an opinion on this supplement’s safety and in our opinion, it does come with some risks to health.
Vasayo Microlife Neuro Review
Microlife Neuro is a nutritional supplement that focuses solely on the brain, and according to the product information delivers nutritional support to this most vital organ.
The supplement contains a blend of chemical and herbal ingredients in two proprietary blends; there is the Neuro Proprietary blend, the active part of the supplement which contains sodium salt (citicoline), herbal extracts Bacopa and Ginkgo Biloba, Alpha GPC – a type of choline which may help brain function, and Huperzine A – a natural chemical derived from a type of Chinese moss.
All the ingredients in this blend are known for use in other nootropic supplements, so there is nothing here that we haven’t seen before. Most of the ingredients such as Bacopa and citicoline have undergone clinical studies with promising results. But, and it is a big but, there is no way of knowing whether the quantities of each ingredient in the supplement will reflect the dosage used in the clinical trials and the test conditions.
You can find out more about the ingredients by clicking on the ingredients tab.
The other blend is the Liposome Proprietary blend which contains Phosphatidylcholine, Palmitic acid, and Oleic acid, all derived from oils. All Vasayo products have this because it is mainly concerned with the delivery of the ingredients. According to product information, this Advanced Delivery Technology enables the ingredients to be better absorbed by the body.
How to Take Vasayo Microlife Neuro
Vasayo is a fairly new MLM company. It was founded by a couple called Dallin and Karree Larson, and is based in Utah. Dallin Larson used to be heavily involved with a previous MLM called Monavie, which specialised in fruit juices but is now defunct. As well as the Utah base, there is also a Vasayo HQ located in Hong Kong.
If you are looking to become involved with MLM, Vasayo may be a reasonable bet because, at the time of writing, it is fairly new on the market and if you are going to go down the MLM route, it is probably better to be in on the act sooner rather than later.
MLM is a controversial business model that will not suit everyone, and this one will cost you at least $50 a month because you have to agree to a compulsory auto ship (recurring loyalty program).
You can find out more about the pitfalls of MLM in our previous investigation.
Vasayo Microlife Neuro Concerns:
- Inadequate ingredients profile. Why are the ingredient’s quantities not disclosed?
- This supplement is very expensive, yet does not seem to contain anything much to justify the high price
- May cause side effects, yet product information provides no warnings
Vasayo currently sell five products; Microlife Core, a vitamin supplement, Microlife Sleep – a supplement to help you sleep, Microlife Energy, and more. We imagine that as the company progresses, new supplements and products will be added to their range.
What Does Vasayo Microlife Neuro Claim To Do?
According to the advertising, Microlife Neuro will, “Nourish Your Brain to Enhance Performance”
“Like a well-balanced meal for your brain, the expertly formulated blend in Neuro supports healthy brain function, including memory, clarity, focus, and overall cognition.”
“The brain is the command center of your body—and your health. A healthy, happy brain benefits virtually every area of the body. That’s why it’s so important the brain receives the nutrition it needs. Microlife Neuro provides just that. Featuring Advanced Delivery Technology, Neuro delivers brain-boosting nutrients that your body requires to support clarity, memory, and cognitive function. Whether it’s a complex task, a demanding work assignment, or an important social gathering, Neuro provides the brainpower you need.”
This all sounds great, but there is no real proof that this supplement will work as described.
Does Vasayo Microlife Neuro Work?
We could waffle on here about the various ingredients and the clinical evidence, but in truth we don’t know whether it will work, and neither does anyone else! The ingredients are all blended together under a proprietary blend that adds up to just 150mg a day, so it seems a little underpowered to us.
Bacopa Monnieri for example is an herbal extract well known in traditional Indian medicine, and it seems to improve blood flow to the brain. There is some evidence that it can improve memory, but the positive findings all used 300mg of Bacopa per day for 12 weeks, so serving size here will not reflect this.
Alpha GPC (L-Alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine) is a natural choline compound that is already present in the brain, but some research has shown that taking supplements can improve cognitive disorders such as strokes and Alzheimer’s disease. Again Microlife Neuro seems extremely low in the serving size, because the studied dose has been between 300 to 1,200 mg daily.
In our opinion Vasayo Microlife Neuro contains some great ingredients, but in too low quantities to be effective so it may not work as a described.
What Are The Ingredients of Vasayo Microlife Neuro?
Each serving is equal to one capsule. Ingredients are combined in a proprietary blend, so we cannot provide a full breakdown of this supplement
Neuro Proprietary Blend (150mg):
- Citicoline: Although this ingredient is named throughout the advertising as Citicoline, it shows up on the ingredients label as sodium salt and the full name is Citicoline sodium salt. Evidence shows that this substance can improve memory and protect against lasting damage caused by strokes. The serving size used in clinical research was between 1000mg and 2000mg for improvements to memory, so amounts here fall far short of this evidence. Source
- Bacopa: Bacopa Monnieri is a herb native to wetlands, and is particularly prevalent in Asia where it is known as a medicinal ingredient. It seems to the protein synthesis in the hippocampus, which is the part of the brain that has an important role in long term memory retention, and it is an anti-oxidant and a cerebral blood flow activator. A dose of 300mg has been studied in scientific research.
- Ginkgo Biloba: Herbal extract that may help prevent cognitive decline, and is often taken by older people for this reason. It may help protect against anxiety and other mental health problems. However it can cause a range of side effects. Source
- Alpha-GPC: L-Alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine is a natural choline compound that is already present in the brain, but some research has shown that taking supplements can improve cognitive disorders such as strokes and Alzheimer’s disease if taken in sufficient quantities. 500mg was studied for the improvement of Alzheimer’s. However it can also improve thinking skills but the optimum serving size will vary depending on user and it has yet to be established.
- Huperzine A: Derived from the Chinese club moss Huperzia serrata, Huperzine is a popular nootropic ingredient that may be effective for a variety of brain condition including memory loss, dementia, and mild mental impairment. However it undergoes a lengthy chemical production process so is not as “natural” as claimed. Serving sizes are always extremely low, so it is possible that this supplement contains sufficient to be effective because doses are usually between 50mcg and 200mcg daily.
- Liposome Proprietary blend (66mg): This contains Phosphatidylcholine, Palmitic acid, and oleic acid derived from non GMO sunflower. According to the product information this is a crucial feature of Vasayo supplements.“Vasayo products feature Advanced Delivery Technology (ADT), where nutrients are wrapped in cell-loving liposomal ‘bubbles’ for superior absorption and delivery,”
Does Vasayo Microlife Neuro Have Any Side Effects?
Some of the ingredients contained in Microlife Neuro are known for causing side effects, and although ingredient quantities are low, we are not qualified to judge whether levels are safe.
Ginkgo Biloba is known for causing stomach upsets including; constipation, pounding heart sensation. and allergic reactions. Medical advice is to take for no longer than 10 days. More serious side effects may include seizures, infertility, and it may interfere with the management of diabetes.
Other side effects may include
- Blurred vision
- Stomach cramps
- Increased bowel movements
Not suitable for individuals under 18. Avoid if pregnant, breast feeding or trying to conceive. Speak to your physician before using if you have an underlying medical condition, or are taking prescription medication.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Vasayo Microlife Neuro?
There are very few independent reviews for Vasayo Microlife Neuro. In most cases supplements sold via MLM are not on a public platform, so there is no place for independent reviewers to leave comments.
There are a couple of customer reviews on Amazon USA.
The box stated 30 capsules, it only have 23 capsules in it. I paid $54 for 30 capsules, I felt like I have been cheated
I really feel like this helps me think straight. Sometimes my brain seems a little foggy and this helps.
Does Vasayo Microlife Neuro Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
There is no money back guarantee for Vasayo Microlife Neuro. There is a returns policy but this only applies to unused and unopened products.
Where Can I Buy Vasayo Microlife Neuro?
This supplement is sold via an MLM company so it is not straightforward to buy, because if you visit the official website you are encouraged to sign up for auto shipping or to become a distributor yourself.
Another option is to buy via a Vasayo distributor, and you can find many of these on Facebook or other social media platforms.
Vasayo Microlife Neuro is also available via Amazon USA which is probably the easiest option.